Creative ZX Sound card with Desktop Module - Interesting Headphone Question...Please Help!
Mar 20, 2017 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Share2Care

100+ Head-Fier
Good  Afternoon Ladies & Gents,

I do hope this finds you well :)

This Sound Blaster ZX Sound Card was from a previous build.

Creative state many things this rather power Sound Card can do. For this question I would like to zoom onto the Desktop Module you get with this version of the ZX Sound Card.

If I were to plug my headphones into the sound card I am supposed to have a dedicated headphone amp for my headphones operating up to 600 Ohms 24 bit ASIO etc etc so it should be able to drive the mass majority of headphones, even planars from, what I have read.

The question is that by plugging in the desktop module with supplied  connectors that plug into the dedicated headphone out and also the dedicated microphone out, if I then connect my headphones to the Sound Blaster Desktop Control Centre which is connected to the same jacks as I would connecting anyway, am I receiving a cut down amount of applicable power and all the dedicated headphone amp?

Please Help!

:)

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 2
You might try plugging headphones into the ACM module (desktop module) and also plug headphones directly into the SB-Zx's headphone jack, see which sounds better to your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back