Creative Zen Vision: M impressions
Aug 6, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacene
I'm still waiting for a custom line-out mini interconnect for the ZVM to be offered from one of our above sponsors, to be used with an amp, in lieu of the headphone out. The configuration of the ZVM's docking connector is similar enough to the iPod's that it really wouldn't be that hard to do.....

I'm doubtful if we ever see one. There's not enough demand. The little connector works fine, but if you lose that peice you're done for.

Aug 7, 2006 at 11:35 AM Post #17 of 25
Theyre making AV cables with the dock connector atm, theyre all over eBay.

I'd imagine it'd be easy to make a line-out cable

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Quote:

I'm still waiting for a custom line-out mini interconnect for the ZVM to be offered from one of our above sponsors, to be used with an amp, in lieu of the headphone out. The configuration of the ZVM's docking connector is similar enough to the iPod's that it really wouldn't be that hard to do.....

I'm doubtful if we ever see one. There's not enough demand. The little connector works fine, but if you lose that peice you're done for.

actually, I've found one, from Qables.com, in the Netherlands, I believe:

Qables "High Quality Custom Made Qables"

has anyone heard of these before, or ever ordered from them? They're selling for $45 EURO (about $60, I believe).....

Aug 9, 2006 at 3:51 PM Post #20 of 25
Looks pretty good but there's no way I'm paying $60 USD for that.

I'll stick to my sync adapter and home made gold plated 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable for now
580smile.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

has anyone heard of these before, or ever ordered from them? They're selling for $45 EURO (about $60, I believe).....

For 60$ I'd rather just use the adapter line-out.

Aug 10, 2006 at 10:49 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

How do you know they're in the netherlands? I can't find an address on the site.

Aug 11, 2006 at 12:42 PM Post #23 of 25
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]actually, I've found one, from Qables.com, in the Netherlands, I believe:

I've heard of them, Hans the owner is very friendly & helpful. I've also bought the connector from him & am very impressed with the SQ. He told me that it needs burning in for 50 hours so hopefully it will sound even better.
I bought a mini to mini connector from him a few months ago & approached him to see if he could make a line-out connector. He came up with the goods in just over 10 days. Yes $60 is a lot but to me its worth it for the SQ & convenience.

Nov 27, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #24 of 25
Has anyone used this player with Shure e2c's? Im about to buy new player, and CZVM seems to be nice option. Do I get enough bass with e2c's, or should I buy something else? How about Sennheiser CX 300?

Dec 8, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #25 of 25
Zen Vision :M Audio&Video 4-Pole 3.5mm pinouts

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...mm-pinouts.php

Its just ordinary 3.5mm with sleeve separated to use with video. If you turn video off then shorting video with ground will not do any harm(if you use 3-pole jack)? ??

EDIT:
Tried out 3-pole 3.5mm. Set video output to OFF. It works and its LOUD. Quality - (line out -> cmoy -> senn. hd 600/ senn. mx 500) seems to be a little better than phone out -> cmoy -> senn. hd 600/ senn. mx 500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back