Creative Zen Vision:M: A/V OUt??!?
Mar 5, 2007 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vcoheda

High-End Forum Volunteer
Over the weekend, I tried connecting a portable amp to my ZEN via a mini to mini cable to the A/V out. It didn't work. I would see an A/V message and then the screen would go black. There is nothing wrong with the player. Is there something I have to do in the settings to make it work.

Thanks

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 9
I'll try that. Thanks.

Another question. Does anyone know if this cable can be used to hook up my Zen to my amp, just using the audio RCAs. The product description says it is for viewing videos/photos on a TV. Not sure if it will work when only using 2 of the cables.

AV Cable (Audio/Video) for Creative Zen Vision:M (30GB)
B000H175AK.01-A30XRGG45X0IFD._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Thanks in advance for any responses.
580smile.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over the weekend, I tried connecting a portable amp to my ZEN via a mini to mini cable to the A/V out.

I know its a dumb question...Do u mind tell me where to find a mini-mini cable?
confused.gif
Thanks a lot!

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #6 of 9
you might want to look into making your own line out for the ZVM if youre handy with a soldering iron. The dock is the same as the ipod one but the connections are slightly different (you can check on google for the connector specs)

or just get a quables one

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll try that. Thanks.

Another question. Does anyone know if this cable can be used to hook up my Zen to my amp, just using the audio RCAs. The product description says it is for viewing videos/photos on a TV. Not sure if it will work when only using 2 of the cables.

AV Cable (Audio/Video) for Creative Zen Vision:M (30GB)

Thanks in advance for any responses.
580smile.gif

I was in Vegas two weeks ago, and there is a monster Fry's over there. The Creative rep was in the store that day. I was talking to him about the ZVM30G that I have and about the connections.

You can use the audio RCA (red/white) to hook up your player to the stereo, and not hook up the video (yellow) to anything.

He had said that they had problems trying to use other manufacture's cables (that were avalible on the store) to try to hook up the A/V out of the player. But there should not be an issue of useing just the audio out with a standard connector (like those listed in headphone.com)

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for the responses.
icon10.gif
I've been into audio gear for some time, but I have never owned a DAP. A total noob in this area. This ZEN, which I just got about 2 months ago, is my first one. Still trying to figure out how to maximize this thing's potential.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back