Creative Zen USB 2.0 Driver Install Woes
Nov 9, 2004 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

proxops-pete

100+ Head-Fier
Alright...
I finally got a hold of mine for a very good price... but it's been a nightmare trying to get the driver installed!! Somewhere along the line, I was trying different versions of the drivers but unistalling and installing worked well for first two times... but then I started having driver installation crashing problems not so soon after that...

Now, I can't get my Zen to show up!
frown.gif

The driver installation (of any version) always crashes at the end...
It seems that the registry with the Zen's references can't be deleted nor modified!! So I format and reinstall only to find out that I still have same problems!!
evil_smiley.gif

Anyone know of such issues or solutions?
I am running Win XP Pro... tried it on originally on SP1, then SP2.
Later tonight, I'm gonna reformat and then try to re-install prior to SP1. Here's enjoying my music collection... someday!
rolleyes.gif

Nov 13, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 2
Well, I finally figured it out... FYI...
This won't affect 90% of you out there, but if you are like me and install Windows XP on another partition other than "C:\", it could spell trouble.

It turns out that when you install drivers once, it installs it on "C:\JB2Drv" directory NO MATTER WHICH PARTITION the Win is installed on! Wonderful people at Creative decided to do this.... Anyhow, I only discovered it after adding another HDD and going back to installing Win XP on C: partition. All I have to say is...

They need to fire the entire drivers' writing team and start a brand new one!!
mad.gif
tongue.gif

Ok... feel a bit better now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back