Creative Zen Touch
Jun 2, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 35
I'll be geting this most likely if I ever get a new portable. Looks like apple will be dethroned!

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&product=10274

Here's the specs. Awesome. And it has a removable battery too.
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #4 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reck45
And it has a removable battery too.
biggrin.gif

where do you see that? it doesn't say so on thier website....

Jun 2, 2004 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 35
Looks really interesting, I'm starting to look for a portable player, is Creative sound quality really better than it's competitors?

Jun 2, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Looks really interesting, I'm starting to look for a portable player, is Creative sound quality really better than it's competitors?

no. but it's equal to the best of the rest, iPod and karma. there isn't any one player that stands out as being significantly better. as a collective they all sound pretty damn good, you might be surprised...

Jun 2, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

I usually start with design, but this time I am kicking things off with the player's most striking characteristic: battery life. Creative claims an absolutely massive 24 hours of playback from one charge. Even with the normal disclaimers -- namely, that battery life varies and that companies routinely lie about battery life -- this is a promising claim. The current record holder is the Dell DJ, which I have run over 17 hours from a single charge. Additionally, Creative is not a bad offender regarding battery life. In fact, I have always found Nomads to hit the promise. Creative was the first company to install a user-replaceable battery, another important innovation. The combination of replacement and insane longevity is damn sweet. (Incidentally, this is triple the life of the iPod.)

Taken from IGN. I'm getting excited over this bad boy. That's why I held off, I'm won't buy something that breaks. my jb1 is still goin strong after 4 years now a player with a build in battery would never last that.

Edit. Jeus this slow site is getting on my nerves. I've never been on such a slow, buggy site. Isn't jude ever going to fix this?

Jun 2, 2004 at 6:50 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer

If you believe some people's numbers perhaps, but most people's ears are not capable (nor inclined
tongue.gif
) to tell if there is a noticable difference.

On a new tangent, will this DAP require the use of Creative's Playcenter software to transfer files or if this bad boy will natively support drag-and-drop files? I'm expecting since it's part of the Nomad line it'll follow the Nomad's SOP, but since the Muvo^2 I have my hopes up. Isn't it nice of Creative to have a FAQ link on the Zen Touch page but no actual information for it on the other end of said link?
rolleyes.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #9 of 35
In regards to measurements, Creative Nomad Jukebox is in a class of it's own (beyond Karma, iPod and IRiver). This is not the same for the Zen series. This has been proven in various measurements in Hifi magazines and even RMAA measurements.

AS for perceived/subjective sound quality, hey... it all depends.

Some find Karma muffled/lifeless.

I find iPod to be missing bass (seriously).

Iriver portables have high frequency noises that are even shown in diligently done measurements.

It all depends...

... what one likes
... what headphone one uses
... what one is accustomed to
... which one one has bought (and is ready to defend)

smily_headphones1.gif

I own Karma, but its not, imho, the best out there in terms of sound quality, even though it at least has bass, unlike the iPods
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 10:59 AM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by noguilt
check out the new Zen (if only we knew when it would actually be available; at least it does appear on the Creative website, albeit "not in stock"):

http://gear.ign.com/articles/520/520463p1.html

note also hints of a new Karma and new Iriver.

Why would we need hints, rio have already confirmed a karma 2 will be coming and the new iriver is nearly here in theory.

Jun 2, 2004 at 11:20 AM Post #12 of 35
Yet another player where you must remove it out of your pocket to change song etc. Some of you ipod'ders are brave bringing out your ipod's in some places i've seen with so many less than disreable individuals about. Wonder if the remote will be any good???

Jun 2, 2004 at 11:54 AM Post #13 of 35
LOL, OK, I should have known, you pays your dime and you takes your chances...
biggrin.gif
Thanks for all the replies, at least it gives me a place to start researching.
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 1:13 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Compared to the Zen Xtra, the Touch is a bit narrower and shorter, but just as thick

frown.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #15 of 35
Below are some nice views of the ZEN TOUCH. I like the iPod style hold button at the top. It's unfortunate that they went with the white color...too iPod like in my opinion.

B00028DJTY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00028DJTY.01.PT01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00028DJTY.01.PT02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00028DJTY.01.PT03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00028DJTY.01.PT04.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00028DJTY.01.PT05.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00028DJTY.01.PT06.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00028DJTY.01.PT07.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back