Creative Zen Touch FIRMWARE Problems
Aug 12, 2005 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

calvinhobs

100+ Head-Fier
I have seen several people mentioning Firmware problems with their Creative Zen Touch players...

Does anyone know if this should be a red flag to NOT get this player?

Aug 13, 2005 at 10:00 AM Post #2 of 11
Edit: [deleted post]
my comments were about the micro
sorry !

Aug 13, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 11
I have the touch and have had no problems at all. The interface is easy to navigate and the sound is great. The firmware problem people complain about on the creative boards is the lack of a "plays for sure" update, so no subscription services for the Touch yet.

Aug 18, 2005 at 9:23 AM Post #5 of 11
Same here.

Aug 18, 2005 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 11
The custom EQ is messed up on it and I think most people are mad at the fact Creative has given two different dates for release of new firmware and have long since missed those dates and are bringing out new products. I think most Touch owners just felt like they went from the "flag ship" model (Creatives own description) to the person child model.

Aug 25, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #9 of 11
mad.gif

I'm very disappointed with the sound quality out of my Zen Touch. I purchased a 40GB version so i could play uncompressed WAV files with my Shures E5Cs.

The E5Cs have always required some equalizer adjustments to sound fantastic, and the highly compressed files on my Sony MD1 (minidisc) with the appropriate equalizer settings blows away the sound I've been getting out of my Zen.

I'm seriously considering reformatting the Zen and using it as an expensive portable HD...

al

Aug 26, 2005 at 11:10 AM Post #10 of 11
Try downgrading the firmware, the latest firmware has a serious EQ bug. I found that the EQ on the original firmware sounded much much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back