Creative Zen remote any good?
Oct 19, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 9
I have one for my Zen Micro. It's all right, but its only functions are play/pause, previous/next, volume control, and changing between normal and FM radio mode. You'd still have to open the case to change albums. Because of that I hardly use it. If you put all your tracks in a big playlist or use shuffle, it should be fine though.

Oct 20, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 9
I never noticed any diff in the sq. i got one ill sell to ya for $20

Oct 20, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 9
I've had a long histroy with Creative mp3 remotes. I wouldn't recommend them. They're useful, but they'll break fairly quickly. I've had 2 of the of old Muvo FM controllers. The first one the wiring got loose and the sound was cutting out (lasted 2 months). The second one I sold within a month. Then I got the Zen Micro remote which also got a loose connection which cut off the sound. I got an RMA on that one as well but the replacement broke with the same problem in about the same amount of time, only a few months. Less than three. So I've had 4 total, with 2 being the replacements. Needless to say I have not bought anymore remotes because I know the wiring will get loose sooner or later if I use the remote all the time, and $20 is a fair amount of money. The remote is useful, and does not affect the sound quality of the player, but it's too expensive and doesn't last long enough. Really, it's not necessary to have.

Oct 20, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 9
I'll second the build quality issues. I dug mine up today to test the sound quality and it was cutting in and out. With the cable held in place, I couldn't tell any difference in sound quality, though.

$20 is actually full retail on Creative's site, although it is out of stock at the moment.

Oct 20, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #7 of 9
I haven't been able to tell a SQ difference with my Zen Micro remote, but I never use it anyway
tongue.gif
Might start again, nowthat I use my UM1 ampless.

Oct 20, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #8 of 9
There aren't (and can't be) any SQ differences when using the current Creative remotes as they just pass the audio from the player directly through to the jack on the remote. The buttons on the remote control the function of the player by varying a resistance value from the fourth pin on the connector to ground and this doesn't affect the wires that carry the right & left audio signals at all as there is no connection to them.

Oct 20, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #9 of 9
I will of had mine a year at christmas and it still works fine. i tyred it last night on my firends Zen Micro Photo, still works all good like. the only reason im saying ing $20 is b/c its really hard to get that stuff here in canada b/c my parents dont trust ordreing from the net so they went EVERY WERE and bought it for $40can. so if you dont want it just say so if you do let me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back