Creative Zen Or Sony A818 8gb, what to take
Nov 1, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #62 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried the 818 with IEMs? Any hiss? SQ still good?

Thanks.

With the e500's, they BLEW ME AWAY. No hiss that I could pick up.

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #63 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I might order one :)

Amazon UK have an offer at the moment, free speakers and dock with it.. these: http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProdu...gory=PAA+Cases

Where did you see the free offer at Amazon? I just looked and couldn't see it. Mind you, I did see that the 818 is getting amazing reviews now SonicStage has been dumped! I've grown accustomed to SS now, and love the gapless playback (with Atrac files), but from what I've read, a lot of people would rather choose decent easy-to-use software over gapless anyway. I'm only referring to these 2 Sony models though, nothing else.

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #64 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you see the free offer at Amazon? I just looked and couldn't see it. Mind you, I did see that the 818 is getting amazing reviews now SonicStage has been dumped! I've grown accustomed to SS now, and love the gapless playback (with Atrac files), but from what I've read, a lot of people would rather choose decent easy-to-use software over gapless anyway. I'm only referring to these 2 Sony models though, nothing else.

Here it is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.h...d_i=B000VD2130

You can also get the offer by just going to each product's page and adding it to the basket (i.e. you don't have to go through the above link which explains the offer). It is mentioned on the product page of each participating product if you look carefully (the text is small) "FREE SPEAKERS, DOCK AND REMOTE when you buy selected Sony Walkmans. Excludes sellers other than Amazon.co.uk *Conditions apply. See details"

smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dohdough /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the e500's, they BLEW ME AWAY. No hiss that I could pick up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfnoise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SQ is still excellent. There will be some hiss with unamped IEMs though, as with a lot of players. I use an in-line volume to get rid of it... some people complain about the sound quality being degraded but I haven't noticed much of a difference.

Thanks for your comments, I ordered one last night and am looking forward to trying it

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #66 of 121
I just received my Zen today. Simply put, it is a fantastic little player. I loaded up the new firmware as soon as I got it. Start-up time is now instant, and there are less bugs in the interface. Speaking of the interface, it is completely gorgeous and very highly customizable.

SQ wise, it shines as well. Very similar to the ZVM in terms of SQ, but its like 1/2 as big.

I'm very impressed with it.

-Kevin

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #67 of 121
wait here
I thought the bookmark function is same as OTG list.
you can add/delete and even change the song order.
There are up to 5 bookmarks available in Sony A80X series.
Am I mistaken or A81X doesn't have this function
confused.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #68 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by bestnaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are up to 5 bookmarks available in Sony A80X series.Am I mistaken or A81X doesn't have this function
confused.gif

Take a look here http://justanothermobilemonday.com/W...ideo-nwz-a818/

It mentions playlists (which I guess are the 808 bookmarks renamed??). I'm pretty sure you can't make on-the fly playlists like you can with the 808 though.

If you go to the link at Atraclife - someone bought one, reviewed it, and helpfully scanned in all the documentation that came with it.

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/inde...094&hl=nwza818

Nov 3, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #69 of 121
Just got my NWZ-A818 (going to have to think of a better name for it!) and took this because the 'free' speakers/dock/remote are rather big, heavy, and good looking from the outside:
216639705-M.jpg

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #71 of 121
Ooops, posted in wrong thread.

Nov 4, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #73 of 121
jazzist could u give us some more photos of parts you received and a first impression
smily_headphones1.gif

@Sparky191 I guess he got them from Amazon, theyr free if you order a sony mp3 player.

Nov 4, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #74 of 121
Cry I "had" both players the zen and the sony a818, I liked the sony better on all counts. Screen is sharper, brighter on the sony, build quality is better on the sony and the sound is in another class IMO. I don't think you can do better for an 8 gig flash player at the moment, don't get me wrong the zen is at the top of it's class, But the sonys already graduated and has it's masters
lambda.gif

Oh and with IEMS, the hiss is about the same as a 5.5 ipod- very low, especially compared to their older HD models.

Nov 4, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #75 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to see more photos and a detailed review of that setup jazzist. Where did you get it from and for how much?

Yes, me too!

One thing I don't like about the Sony is its inability to handle compilation albums with multiple artists. That's one thing Apple gets exactly right with the nano and the 5.5G and 6G ipods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back