Creative X-Fi Ti HD vs Asus Xonar STX - Which one to keep?
Nov 4, 2011 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Subatomic

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so long story short, at the start of the year I decided after much umming and ahhing to buy the Creative X-Fi Titanium HD. Great card, sounds brilliant, don't regret it. But today, I was lucky enough to nab a brand new Asus Xonar STX for $30 (you might have heard about the big floods that happened at the start of the year in Brisbane, 1/4 of the city went under etc etc, big computer store went under and lost all its stock, today they had a floodsale of all the stock they had left, including lots of flood damaged stuff, found the card sitting in a box, untouched, no marks on it, completely sealed, the card even smells new)

So, what should I do? Which card do I keep? Don't really have use for 2, it was just such a massive bargain, I couldn't say no :p Haven't tried the STX out yet, still testing out RAM atm.

Thoughts? :)

Nov 4, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 3
how about give STX a try and let us know? :wink:

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 3
The only way to know for sure is to try it out for yourself.

If you need EAX 3/4/5 support for older games, though, you'll likely be more satisfied with the X-Fi Titanium HD. Otherwise, it's a toss-up as to which card's sound signature and features (in particular, CMSS-3D Headphone vs. Dolby Headphone) you prefer, and only your ears can decide that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back