Creative X-Fi HD (USB DAC)... worth it?
Feb 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #16 of 18
Interesting thing is I found it is possible to have very high levels of detail without harshness at all. The trick is knowing how to do a better job of recovering low level detail without hyping the high level detail. All the modifications I do are aimed at that on goal. Yes I have modified the Titanium HD & gave it better detail as well as got rid of iit's harshness. I currently working on the ZXR card by Creative & have had tremendous success with it as well

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #17 of 18
Old thread, but Creative Xfi HD was better than the Audioengine DAC, and other audiophile ones, so much that I kept it as opposed to the audiophiles. And used with my Audiophile speakers, it's clear, precise, warm and sounds like a tube DAC. Only thing it doesn't play well on cheap inferior speakers and headphones, so these so call reviewers clearly doesn't know what they're talking about. Try hooking it with an AUdiophile speaker, since that's what it's made to do, and try it!

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #18 of 18
It appears I've enjoyed my X-FI HD for about 5 years. It does not sound harsh. It does not have a sound. I use it mostly today as a USB to  S/PDIF converter to get iTunes to my pre/pro. And, I still use it to digitize LP's, sending analog to the X-FI or S/PDIF to X-FI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back