Creative X-FI ExtremeGamer problems
Nov 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MisterTickle

New Head-Fier
I hope I am posting this in the right section. I have a Creative X-FI ExtremeGamer soundcard which has been pretty good for the most part over the past year or so but, I've noticed my sound become muffled and just plain sounds distorted and "bad"

I'm not too much of a "audiophile" but lately I got the Klipsch Image S4 earphones which I've been using for music, ventrilo, and gaming and its been doing pretty well a bit overrated if I do say so over my 20$ earphones which broke these are better but, not really pushing the price of 80$ imo but anyway, I use a radioshack gold earphone extender which i thought was the problem but, i plugged it in directly to the back and the same effect. It gets really bad on loud music example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtyYcn0iApw)

I have a front port which I used to use but, it has a static that is always going on the background regardless of sound settings or volume. I notice whenever i plug in my earphones to any of the other back ports (there are 4 in total) I hear the sound very faint. I know for a fact the front end ones are hooked up to the sound card cause I played around with effects and I plugged it into my onboard sound and it was a massive improvment even with the static you don't really hear it when playing music or gaming.

So I'm not sure what to do, why I can only ear out of the second slot on the sound card, why its muffled, how I can get rid of the static on the front end.

Oh and also for some reason I have to lower my left sound to about 80 and the right remains at 100 or the left sounds "overpowered" it may be my ears though. They have been giving me problems, wax buildup or whatever.

Sorry for rambling. I hope someone can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back