Creative vs. Focusrite vs. Asus
Nov 28, 2015 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jaykarnik

New Head-Fier
I am a noob at this audiophile forum and I recently purchased a pair of the JBL LSR305. I am very happy with the monitors and i have thought about upgrading the sound source.

My primary music and movie listening is via the computer and I was wondering which the best options would be for a 100$ budget.

1. Creative Sound Blaster Z
2. Focusrite 2i2
3. Asus Xonar (Not sure which variant.)

I am not into music production or recording so the input has very little significance to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Nov 28, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Just wondering if there's a reason you're not considering external DACs?

*edit, sorry, didn't realize the second choice was an external DAC. That would be my choice, unless you really play a lot of shooters.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 4
  I am a noob at this audiophile forum and I recently purchased a pair of the JBL LSR305. I am very happy with the monitors and i have thought about upgrading the sound source.

My primary music and movie listening is via the computer and I was wondering which the best options would be for a 100$ budget.

1. Creative Sound Blaster Z
2. Focusrite 2i2
3. Asus Xonar (Not sure which variant.)

I am not into music production or recording so the input has very little significance to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card
or Hifimediy Sabre U2 USB DAC ($65)

The Asus Xonar DX sound card should match the SB-Z for audio quality, but the SB-Z is better at driving headphones.

Not sure show the sound quality of the Focusrite 2i2 compares (better or worse) to the sound cards for audio quality.
but the 2i2 being extra will not be effected by electrical noise generated inside the computer case (if there is any electrical noise?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back