Creative V or Sleek?
Jan 20, 2007 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

novaks47

New Head-Fier
Well, it's time for me to upgrade to a smaller, hopefully better sounding mp3 player. I currently have an old Creative Zen Xtra Jukebox 30GB. The SQ is not bad, but a little lacking in bass, and the amp is a little on the weak side. I'm torn between these two : The Creative Zen V+ 8gb, and the Creative Sleek Photo. I love how tiny the V is, but the Sleek seems to be the better value, at least as far as storage is concerned. I'll be using the mp3 player at work, where it will be in my pocket the whole time(unless I get a belt clip). Which would all of you recommend out of the two? Which has the better SQ?

Jan 20, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 3
My wife has a V that I bought for her as a first step into DAPS. I used to own a Sleek. They both have respectable SQ. The V is new and is just the 1 GB model. I tried my HD 650 with it and it sounded fine at max volume, not really loud enough though.

The Sleek is, as you say, a better value which is what I would go for if size isn't a big issue. The Sleek is too big unless you have a big pocket or use the clip...I actually think the V is too small, hard to use the tiny buttons.

Jan 20, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 3
Cool, thanks for the info. Yeah, size is an issue, which is part of the reason why I'm upgrading. I'll probably just go with the Zen V, due to it's portability, plus 8GB is still plenty of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back