Creative Titanium HD to Asus Essence One using Optical Toslink resolves in dropped sounds and hiccups during video playback in MPC-HC?
Aug 18, 2014 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RamGuy

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings,

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with my computer audio setup as I keep getting dropouts and hiccups in the audio, I'm not really sure what might cause it but it's darn annoying nonetheless.
Currently I got a Creative Titanium HD as my audio card, which I use in order to get CMSS:3D positional audio during gaming with Stereo Mix enable over SPDIF, which is then connected through optical toslink to my Asus Essence One external DAC which I use for easy access to volume controls and to power my Sennheiser HD 650's.

The problem I'm having is the fact that it seems like there is something resolving in the DAC not registrering audio at times.. For instance when I boot up Windows 8.1 the default login sound will only start playing half-way through, the first half is never played back through my DAC for some awkward reason. And at times the DAC will not be able to playback notifications from Skype, sometimes the audio is not played at all, and at other times I will hear about 80% of the notification sound just like when booting up Windows it's like the DAC is only kicking in about half-way through making so that I don't hear the entire notification sound.

What is most annoying about it all is when I playback movies through MPC-HC, using LAV Audio (with and without Reclock, with and without WASAPI) I hear these god damn annoying "clicking" noise every 10-15 seconds which is driving my crazy..

During games there is no noticeable problems at all.. What gives? Connecting the headphones directly to the Creative Titanium HD and all the problems are gone. Is this some nonsense using optical toslink? Might it be a bad optical cable, or what?

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 4
Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS.
Have you tried using a digital coaxial cable connection?

Aug 25, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 4
  On-board AUDIO is disabled in the BIOS. I have yet to try digital COAX as Titanium HD only supports optical toslink.

Wow, never realized the Titanium-HD did not come with digital coaxial output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back