Creative Titanium HD accessories and OP Amps.
Aug 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

NinjaSushi2

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone can explain the pins I see around the Titanium HD and where I can find the swappable OP amps. I have not been able to find this information all day. 
angry_face.gif

lol Thanks!

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone can explain the pins I see around the Titanium HD and where I can find the swappable OP amps. I have not been able to find this information all day. 
angry_face.gif

lol Thanks!

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=193281

this shows a picture of the op-amps... but im sure the guy replaced the wrong op-amps.. he swapped the single channel with the duel channel ones. the labeled duel channel ones should be a jrc (number i cant remember) and  the single channel 2 should be lme49710na

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
angry_face.gif

lol Thanks!

The two JRC2114 op-amps are DIP-8 and dual channel (each)
The two LME49710 are DIP-8 and single channel (each)

Some op-amps are SOIC, which means they have to be soldered to a SOIC to DIP-8 adapter, to fit in the Titanium HD's DIP-8 slots.

So if you were going to use single channel SOIC op-amps to replace one of the JRC2114.
You would need to have two single channel SOIC op-amps soldered on to a Dual SOIC to DIP-8 adapter.

I use single channel AD797BR op-amps on my Essence STX sound card.
(Six chips soldered onto three Dual SOIC to DIP-8 adapters)
LME49990 op-amps seem to get good reviews.
Not sure which op-amps work well on the Titanium HD.

I bought my soldered op-amps on eBay.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
The two JRC2114 op-amps are DIP-8 and dual channel (each)
The two LME49710 are DIP-8 and single channel (each)

Some op-amps are SOIC, which means they have to be soldered to a SOIC to DIP-8 adapter, to fit in the Titanium HD's DIP-8 slots.

So if you were going to use single channel SOIC op-amps to replace one of the JRC2114.
You would need to have two single channel SOIC op-amps soldered on to a Dual SOIC to DIP-8 adapter.

I use single channel AD797BR op-amps on my Essence STX sound card.
(Six chips soldered onto three Dual SOIC to DIP-8 adapters)
LME49990 op-amps seem to get good reviews.
Not sure which op-amps work well on the Titanium HD.

I bought my soldered op-amps on eBay.

Good to see you again friend. You lost me as usual. I'll have to ask my buddy what OP Amps he used on his STX that he's sending.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #8 of 10
Aug 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #9 of 10
Purple Angel . The metal versions are generally of a higher  spec. Used by military/government .Whether they still use them I dont know But very high quality electronics in the past decades had them in them.  Yes original ICs were metal but they were dear to buy then. My digital IC book lists well known US companies who manufactured them -So on a like for like basis the metal  were better.  That didnt help when it came to soldering them into a PCB by hand.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
TO-99 op-amps, guess their metal shell protects the op-amp from interference, cleaner signal.
How much will it cost you?

Oh. I am sending my ATH Pro 700 MKII for his Xonar STX with the replaced op amps. I barely used the headphones and decided they weren't my style as I am too in love with my Q701. Plus I bought them expecting more bass when I should have realized being a monitor that they would be cold and direct. I was dumb when I bought them. haha

It's Rikuo btw who is sending them. We usually chat on another forum than this one but are aspiring audiophiles. He said he replaced the op amp to balance out his DT990s. I will see how they do and I might keep them or swap them out once I learn more about op amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back