Creative T40 ii vs Audioengine A2+
Feb 28, 2017 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

speecher

Head-Fier
I need PC speakers and I don't have the room for a subwoofer or large footprint.
I had creative T20s (small footprint - don't care how high they go) and they died.
The reviews ive read including amazon, and others are not clear as to which is better. I do like bass, but understand
that physics limit the ability of these enclosures to produce deep bass.
I liked the T20, but often wished they kicked out stronger deep bass but I learned to live without it.

Id spend more for something definitely better but the small footprint limits my choices. I don't sit and listen to a lot of music via the pc. Usually some Netflix, youtube music, gaming, and how to videos on youtube.

the pc is an old Vista 64 with creative soundblaster card...nothing fancy.

Any thoughts?

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 3
I don't have either, but have read too many reviews stating that the A2+ just doesn't have enough bass to be used as an all around PC speaker. It is more suited for vocals using audiophile quality  files. I have read the T40 has vastly better bass but has some crazy auto shutoff feature that frustrate some users. 

Too bad your so limited in space. The A5 solves the reduced bass problem.

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply.
I went to listen the A2+ at the store and they sounded good, but I had to play them through my Galaxy s5 rather than a pc, but I got an idea how they perform.

The salesman showed me a new product, the Audioengine HD3 which looked and sounded very nice, but is $399. I wish I could have listened to the T40s so I can really compare, but they aren't set anywhere to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back