1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Creative Sound BlasterX G5 vs play 3, oppinions ?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by wwwpuntoit, Oct 19, 2018.
  1. wwwpuntoit
    Hello everyone,

i need an external audio card for my hackintosh since the output volume is too low.
    i will do a little bit of gaming, listen to some flacs and general use like youtube, movies.

I have the opportunity to get the XG5 at 30€ second hand or the play 3 at €20 on amazon.

can someone give their oppinions in picking between these 2 ?

i'm looking for a volume boost and clear sound.

thanks

2. wwwpuntoit
    anyone can help ? thanks

3. wwwpuntoit
    :cold_sweat::cold_sweat: no one at all has tried XG5 and can give advise ?

4. KcMsterpce
    I have the SoundblasterX G5. It is excellent. In fact, I purchased three (one for my desktop, two more for my laptops). I prefer using that with the Sennheiser HD650 over the Audeze Mobius.

The G6 just got released, and I am considering getting it.

What's great is that it has a lot of power, and with "high gain" enabled it can even power my MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs (although it is a little too "crisp" in the highs for gaming). With 300ohm headphones, it works great.
    I even use my Campfire Audio Andromeda when on-the-go, and with the volume at about "12" in low gain, it performs like a champ. Almost no hiss when no audio is played with IEMs (most probably wouldn't even notice it).

Hope that helps.

5. wwwpuntoit
    Thank you, I did pick the G5 up and it is a nice improvement over my mb's sound card.