Creative Sound BlasterX G5 vs play 3, oppinions ?
Oct 19, 2018 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

wwwpuntoit

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

i need an external audio card for my hackintosh since the output volume is too low.
i will do a little bit of gaming, listen to some flacs and general use like youtube, movies.

I have the opportunity to get the XG5 at 30€ second hand or the play 3 at €20 on amazon.

can someone give their oppinions in picking between these 2 ?

i'm looking for a volume boost and clear sound.

thanks

Nov 1, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #4 of 5
I have the SoundblasterX G5. It is excellent. In fact, I purchased three (one for my desktop, two more for my laptops). I prefer using that with the Sennheiser HD650 over the Audeze Mobius.

The G6 just got released, and I am considering getting it.

What's great is that it has a lot of power, and with "high gain" enabled it can even power my MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs (although it is a little too "crisp" in the highs for gaming). With 300ohm headphones, it works great.
I even use my Campfire Audio Andromeda when on-the-go, and with the volume at about "12" in low gain, it performs like a champ. Almost no hiss when no audio is played with IEMs (most probably wouldn't even notice it).

Hope that helps.

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 5
I have the SoundblasterX G5. It is excellent. In fact, I purchased three (one for my desktop, two more for my laptops). I prefer using that with the Sennheiser HD650 over the Audeze Mobius.

The G6 just got released, and I am considering getting it.

What's great is that it has a lot of power, and with "high gain" enabled it can even power my MrSpeakers Alpha Dogs (although it is a little too "crisp" in the highs for gaming). With 300ohm headphones, it works great.
I even use my Campfire Audio Andromeda when on-the-go, and with the volume at about "12" in low gain, it performs like a champ. Almost no hiss when no audio is played with IEMs (most probably wouldn't even notice it).

Hope that helps.

Thank you, I did pick the G5 up and it is a nice improvement over my mb's sound card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back