Creative Sound Blaster ZxR SBX vs Titanium HD as an upgrade?
Jul 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

headoncollision

100+ Head-Fier
I currently own creative Titanium HD with shiit asgard and denon-ah-d5000 and wondering if the new creative flagship ZxR is worth the upgrade.
I use my pc for almost everything but mainly watching movies, series and gaming. I also switch between headphones and 5.1 home system via optical. I face a few driver issues with the titanium HD but very rarely, like once every 3 months or so.

appreciate the input :)

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I currently own creative Titanium HD with Schiit Asgard and Denon-AH-D5000 and wondering if the new creative flagship ZxR is worth the upgrade.
I use my PC for almost everything but mainly watching movies, series and gaming. I also switch between headphones and 5.1 home system via optical. I face a few driver issues with the Titanium HD but very rarely, like once every 3 months or so.
Appreciate the input :)

I believe the ZxR and T-HD (Titanium HD) would use the same DAC chip for the headphone (and Front Speaker) output.
I'm sure (guessing) the Asgard amp is better then the ZxRs.
To the best of my knowledge the ZxR audio processor, is mostly just a stripped down version of the T-HD's audio processor.
(I'm guessing the Z, Zx, ZXR audio process is more software driven, using the main CPU).

Jul 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 5
thanks for the info, ironically the Titanium HD still didn`t drop in price dromaticaly even after the zxr release. I think zxr is using recon3d audio processor with the same components as the titanium HD, spending 230$ for only a sound card upgrade is kinda heavy for me. I might as well get another gtx 670 to my rig with this price. but if the zxr is indeed better than the titanium HD and I can sell the old one for a good price then I will go for it.

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
thanks for the info, ironically the Titanium HD still didn`t drop in price dromaticaly even after the ZxR release. I think ZxR is using recon3d audio processor with the same components as the Titanium HD, spending 230$ for only a sound card upgrade is kinda heavy for me. I might as well get another gtx 670 to my rig with this price. but if the Ris indeed better than the titanium HD and I can sell the old one for a good price then I will go for it.

I would also think the T-HD has more stable drivers.

The Recon3D and Z series all use the same audio processor.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Unless you really need analog 5.1 support then no it wouldnt be worth it, as the only thing you would gain with the ZXR is the headphone amp. But you can always attach a external headphone amp to the Titanium HD card, if you need a headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back