Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Apr 9, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #3,316 of 3,608
Just got a new tube for my DarkVoice today which I run through the X7 as a dac, but as of today the X7 control panel won't open.
Anyone overcome this issue?

I have turned it on and off, unplugged, reinstalled the driver, updated firmware, rolled back to aaolder driver and "reset" the device by holding down the power and sbx buttons, but still no luck.
It's on and recognized by the computer, just the control panel for it will not open and I am stuck on Direct Mode (spdif) from using speakers last night.

Apr 10, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #3,317 of 3,608
Just got a new tube for my DarkVoice today which I run through the X7 as a dac, but as of today the X7 control panel won't open.
Anyone overcome this issue?

I have turned it on and off, unplugged, reinstalled the driver, updated firmware, rolled back to aaolder driver and "reset" the device by holding down the power and sbx buttons, but still no luck.
It's on and recognized by the computer, just the control panel for it will not open and I am stuck on Direct Mode (spdif) from using speakers last night.
Try connecting via the X7 app on your phone via bluetooth and see if it works that way

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #3,318 of 3,608
Try connecting via the X7 app on your phone via bluetooth and see if it works that way

Bingo! I thought I was previously connected on this phone with Bluetooth, but I guess not. Now to make sure it all works.. if I simply have to use the app on my phone for now on, that sucks but could be worse.

Cheers

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #3,319 of 3,608
I just got one today and I think mine is defective. It works fine for movies / music, but whenever I launch a game the audio comes in for a few seconds, I hear a click, and then the audio cuts out. Anyone else run into this issue? I tried turning off SBX, turning on/off Direct Sound, etc Tried the 3.5mm jack and the 1/4" jack. This happens for every game for me - Squad, Metro: Exodus, and a few others.

I thought it was software / drivers but I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling the drivers, even tried wiping my system and reinstalling windows from scratch. I tried enabling / disabling motherboard audio, setting different audio formats (16bit 48000HZ / 24bit 48000HZ)...
Still the same issue. Anybody else run into this? Right now planning on returning it to amazon for another one.

My system:
Windows 10
Intel I9-7900K
GTX 1080TI
Beyerdynamic DT990

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #3,321 of 3,608
Anyone tried to disassemble SB X7?? or is there any way to completely remove microphone circuit from this amp?
Plug anything (might be an empty jack)cinto microphone input and the internal mic will be switched off.

Apr 24, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #3,322 of 3,608
Plug anything (might be an empty jack)cinto microphone input and the internal mic will be switched off.

I tried that but slight hissing still there when no music is playing.

I have a feeling that outside noise is getting picked by the microphone circuit so I am thinking to remove it cus its useless for me.

I need this amp just for xm7 and headphones nothing else.

Apr 25, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #3,326 of 3,608
Mic should not pic up anything if you simply turn it off, I don't use the mic at all. I have the XM7 as well, and have no problem with noise/hiss

it does I read from a website, it maybe only in my house I tried power conditioner and also bought german HiFi-Tuning Noise Destroyer but nothing helped. if I can't find a tutorial to open I'm thinking to sell X7 and buy Burosn Bang Power Amp and gonna use Burson Play mate as Preamp for XM7.

Apr 25, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #3,327 of 3,608
If muting the mic and/or setting the slider to zero has no effect on the feedback you are hearing, why do you think it is the mic picking up the feedback? I am sure you are hearing something, but you might want to iron out your troubleshooting pathways before taking a hammer and pliers to anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back