CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER Live!24-bit External Sound Card
Aug 26, 2007 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ttan98

100+ Head-Fier
This unit is used in conjunction with a PC or a laptop via USB port. It has built-in DAC convertor.

I found this unit for sale at a very good price, it has a headphone outlet at the same time a DTS, digital output to be connected to an external DAC.

I am wondering has any one here has experience with this unit, your comments please. Thanks.

Aug 27, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 4
Its good only as a solution for 5.1 sound from a laptop. If you have 5.1 speakers, this is probably a cheap but decent way to get a laptop based surround sound system setup.

But other than that its no good. It sounds terrible with headphones. If you are looking for a similar priced USB dac/amp solution just for headphones, then consider the TBAAM (Turtle BEach audio advantage micro). Its the size of a USB drive, performs really well IMHO and can pump out a good volume for most headphones.

Edit : Oh and it has optical out as well. THe only thing you will be losing out on are the 5.1 outputs and the Line in

Aug 27, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 4
I have experience with the unit, and it doesn't sound very good: both line level output and headphone output.

I never tried any Turtle beach products, but the Live! is pretty much sub par.

Aug 27, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its good only as a solution for 5.1 sound from a laptop. If you have 5.1 speakers, this is probably a cheap but decent way to get a laptop based surround sound system setup.

But other than that its no good. It sounds terrible with headphones. If you are looking for a similar priced USB dac/amp solution just for headphones, then consider the TBAAM (Turtle BEach audio advantage micro). Its the size of a USB drive, performs really well IMHO and can pump out a good volume for most headphones.

Edit : Oh and it has optical out as well. THe only thing you will be losing out on are the 5.1 outputs and the Line in

many thanks fellows,

a wealth of knowledge here i find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back