Creative reports net income of $92.2 million
Jan 31, 2007 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
... which is up from $8.2 million a year ago. Course that's adding the $100 million Apple paid them. Nevertheless, Creative seems in a healthier space, at least temporarily, than it has in a few years. Hopefully it will result in some interesting new products (X-dap anyone?).

Read about it here.

Feb 1, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 6
cool cool.

i'm hoping a new flash player comes out that will rock my socks off.

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 6
I must be missing something, but if they turned a profit of $92.2 million with the $100 million from Apple, wouldn't that mean that they would have otherwise had a net loss of $7.8 million? It seems to me that this indicates that Creative didn't make any money from actually selling their products, which is not so good.

Like I said, though, I have to be missing something - but what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by highlighter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Creative, just like nintendo has already seen their time pass by. Apple is in fact the future, in my opinion, and they are much more creative*

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is still alive and kicking, not to mention doing rather more creative things with its devices than Microsoft and Sony. I'm also pretty sure that Apple is the present. I myself hold greater hope for the future.

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must be missing something, but if they turned a profit of $92.2 million with the $100 million from Apple, wouldn't that mean that they would have otherwise had a net loss of $7.8 million? It seems to me that this indicates that Creative didn't make any money from actually selling their products, which is not so good.

Like I said, though, I have to be missing something - but what?

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is still alive and kicking, not to mention doing rather more creative things with its devices than Microsoft and Sony. I'm also pretty sure that Apple is the present. I myself hold greater hope for the future.

that last part is very well spoken. I really hope that apple or creative isn't the future. They both make rather mediocre players now days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back