Creative Muvo TX FM vs. Sansa Fuze/Clip/Clip+
Nov 3, 2010 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

1audioz

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys..

As the title would suggest, I want to know if anyone has owned + heard the old school Muvo TX FM and compared it to the Sansa series of MP3 players.

I'm currently looking to purchase a Fuze/Clip/Clip+ and was wondering if the lauded SQ of these players stand up to the SigmaTel chipset on my Creative player.

I love my Nationite Sflo2 at the moment, but I just find the battery too short for my flac-playing and I want something even smaller to carry around.

I dug out my TX-FM, but at 1GB, it's too small for me, I'd prefer to have at least 4-8GB around. If I do go Sansa, Rockboxing is definitely number 1 priority for me.

I regularly listen to my iPod Classic, Sflo2, Cowon D2+ and rarely my MuVo TX FM - will the transition to Sansa be a complete and utter thrill?

Thanks.

Nov 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 10

Quote:
Hey guys..

As the title would suggest, I want to know if anyone has owned + heard the old school Muvo TX FM and compared it to the Sansa series of MP3 players.

I'm currently looking to purchase a Fuze/Clip/Clip+ and was wondering if the lauded SQ of these players stand up to the SigmaTel chipset on my Creative player.

I love my Nationite Sflo2 at the moment, but I just find the battery too short for my flac-playing and I want something even smaller to carry around.

I dug out my TX-FM, but at 1GB, it's too small for me, I'd prefer to have at least 4-8GB around. If I do go Sansa, Rockboxing is definitely number 1 priority for me.

I regularly listen to my iPod Classic, Sflo2, Cowon D2+ and rarely my MuVo TX FM - will the transition to Sansa be a complete and utter thrill?

Thanks.

I haven't heard the other players you own, but rockboxing the Fuze and Clip+ really transforms them....especially if you are not opposed to using an EQ, like some Head-Fi members are. A rockboxed Clip+ will play flacs for about 15 hours on a charge, IIRC.....not sure about the Fuze, but it would be better than that, but it is a little bigger player, of course.

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 10
With the Clip+, is the D-pad 4-way directional or 5-way (click in the middle to select) ?

The Fuze essentially has a mechanical iPod click wheel right?

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
With the Clip+, is the D-pad 4-way directional or 5-way (click in the middle to select) ?

The Fuze essentially has a mechanical iPod click wheel right?

The Clip+ is 5-way, there is a select button in the center of the square D-pad. And the Fuze wheel, I guess a mechanical version of the iPod wheel is a good way to describe it. The whole wheel does spin, unlike the iPod wheel that you just touch....and pressing it up/down/left/right is like pressing a button....and it too has a select button in the center.

Nov 7, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 10
Hmm thanks for confirming that.

Also - what's the hiss with the Clip+/Fuze like? I'm using Audio-Technica CK10 which are rated at 55 Ohms.

My TX FM also has mechnanical/electronic noises when you change a folder/tracks - so I was wondering if any similar issues plague the Sansa players.

Nov 7, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Hmm thanks for confirming that.

Also - what's the hiss with the Clip+/Fuze like? I'm using Audio-Technica CK10 which are rated at 55 Ohms.

My TX FM also has mechnanical/electronic noises when you change a folder/tracks - so I was wondering if any similar issues plague the Sansa players.

I don't use IEM's, but I hear no hiss with KSC75, Senn. PX100, Grado SR60i, and Pioneer SE-M390 headphones. And I've never heard sounds that were caused by changing folder/track.

Nov 8, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #7 of 10
Alright. Made my mind up. Bought a refurbished Fuze 8GB off eBay. I eagerly await its arrival. 

The Clip+ is small and really compact, but I think I prefer the large-screen music browsing offered by the Fuze. I put RB on my mum's old Nano 2G and the screen simply is a bit too small - so the clip might've killed my eyes.

Nov 8, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Alright. Made my mind up. Bought a refurbished Fuze 8GB off eBay. I eagerly await its arrival. 

The Clip+ is small and really compact, but I think I prefer the large-screen music browsing offered by the Fuze. I put RB on my mum's old Nano 2G and the screen simply is a bit too small - so the clip might've killed my eyes.

If I remember right, the Clip+ screen is even smaller than the 2G Nano's, so you made the right call, I think. Good luck with the Fuze....my 8GB is a refurb too, but it works great and looks new asides from where it says "refurb" on the back.
L3000.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 10
For guys who owns a refurbished Fuze, could you please report your battery life? Roughly how many hours it plays music continuesly at around 70% volume? My 2 year old Fuze has drop its battery life down to near 5-6 hours of play back and thinking to replace it with a refurbished unit, but I'm worrying of its battery life as I'm not sure if they also have renewed the battery in the refurbish process?

Nov 14, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #10 of 10
Just got my refurb today. It looks brand new. No scratches. No cosmetic damage whatsoever. There isn't even "REFURB" stamped on the back which makes it look like an original retail product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back