Creative MuVo TX FM.. SQ impressions?
Apr 9, 2006 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

The_X

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got a 512mb MuVo TX FM to use as my main player. I'm using them with just MX500's at the moment, because I'm waiting for my KSC-35's to return from Koss warranty service. I was wondering what Head-Fiers thought of this player. Personally I find it quite likable, mainly for its ease-of-use and the convenience of the USB key form factor. SQ on my MX500's is pretty solid, though volume could be louder. I'm listening to Andrea Bocelli on it right now, and it sounds actually very musical and enjoyable, without the "digital" feeling that a lot of cheap players have. I'll have to wait for my 35's to get back for a better evaluation, but for now I'm pretty happy with it. Plus, I only paid $40 after rebate at Staples.

Apr 9, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 6
I used one for over a year before it broke (as all of my Creative products have done in some way). The SQ is nice for portable use and when you are not comparing it to a more expensive DAP. For home use you can find much better. Zen Micro sounds more detailed and more natural and D-NE900 (a pcdp) beats both by quite a bit. Battery life is very good and it has enough output power to drive portable headphones a bit too loudly and HD600s loudly. The EQ is useful for portable environments when bass is drowned out and it doesn't add any distortion I noticed. Generally a very convenient player for its battery life and the ability to plug into any computer any time.

Apr 9, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 6
"Personally I find it quite likable, mainly for its ease-of-use and the convenience of the USB key form factor."

I agree -- it's also nice to have at least one player that runs on an AAA battery, for flexibility. I've had two Muvos, and I've given two as gifts. I'm quite pleased with the sound and ease of use, and it's very easy to swap songs in and out. It's a little more solid feeling than the even smaller/lighter Zen Nano flash player.

I had initialy gotten a 2G iPod when they came out, and after a series of disappointments with it (not to bash -- it got me interested in portable music to a greater degree than even the original Walkman had done, but it just didn't suit my situation for various reasons), I tried the Muvo. I've since added a Creative Zen Nano flash player, an iAudio 5 flash player, a Rio Carbon and a Rio Karma. I listen to them all, in different situations, and the Creative flash players don't embarrass themselves.

Apr 11, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #4 of 6
Very good SQ for a 50 buck player. I just bought one for myself a week ago after being impressed by the one I bought for my wife last month. I wanted a decent cheap drag & drop player and this does the job quite well. Sounds quite nice with the UE sf5p.

Apr 11, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #5 of 6
cheap
easy to use
drag / drop
downloadable firmware to tweek the UI
AAA battery (!!!)
small
no cable
Doubles up as a USB pen-drive

Needs amplification though. Use mine with a mint.

good overall value.

Apr 11, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 6
I like mine better than the my old iAudio 5. I the I5 was to hissy for me when listening to IEMs, also it seemed more compressed sounding. The TX is very clear, no hiss with my E4's and much simpler to use than the I5 IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back