Creative muvo TX FM sound quality?
Jul 26, 2006 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

genesis

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I would like to know how good the sound quality of the creative muvo tx fm is compared to most portable mp3 players.

Also does the creative muvo have enough juice to power the shure e4c?

All your suggestions would be great!!

Jul 26, 2006 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 12
Sounds excellent imo, and better once you tweak the EQ.

It had no problems powering my Shure E2c's so your E4's should be ok
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 12
Thanks for the response.

I would like some more opinions regarding this topic.

Also tell me how the sound compares to probably an ipod. Also is the player pretty loud?

Jul 26, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 12
There are Head-Fi members who don't consider the Creative flash players to have "audiophile" sound (whatever that is -- sound is, after all, subjective) ... but I am happy with my Creative Muvo and Zen Nano. I think they're good for what they are. I also have other players, flash and hard drive, including a Rio Karma and an iAudio 5, so it's not as though I haven't been exposed to other portable sources.

I haven't used my Shure E3C's with the Muvo, but I have used Etymotics ER-6's with it on a few plane flights, and it was loud enough, with the isolation, to subdue the ambient roar in the airplane cabin. I also know people who use Creative flash players at the gym, with Sony or Creative canal phones, and they're happy with them. I really like the convenience and portability, as well.

Out and about for daily use, with Creative EP630 canal phones, the Muvo is fine for me -- but then, I don't consider that "critical" listening, where I'm analying the sound quality instead of enjoying music as I go about my life.

Jul 27, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 12
i spent the best part of a year with my MuVo n200 paired with senn mx550 (& more recently cx300's) and the sound was good for me. (almost all my mp3's are encoded using LAME preset extreme)

it is certainly loud enough, although if you are in europe you will probably have to remove the volume cap.

IMO compared to a 3g ipod & ipod video i have heard, it has a richer sound. it has a very similar sound to the ipod shuffle (they use teh same chipset) but is a little warmer.

Jul 27, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by purple
it is certainly loud enough, although if you are in europe you will probably have to remove the volume cap.

Would this be a firmeware update kind of thing...?

I certainly found my Zen Nano Plus to be somewhat "underpowered" when compared to my iHP-120 - not so much in terms of raw volume, but in terms of clarity, particularly in the lower Hz (bass) region... .

Jul 27, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by genesis
Hey purple I would like to know how to remove the volume cap if there is something like that for the creative muvo.

i've got a muvo, the volume is loud enough, if you want more you are seriously damaging your ear,

i'm using some cx300s, i can't go past 5 with out hurting my ears,

Jul 28, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #12 of 12
@Traveller: paired with my cx300's bass is full enough for me, then again i removed the volume cap on my muvo before even putting mp3's on it! so maybe that might make a difference.

@astranovus: no 2 persons hear things the same and not everyone has the same buds as you. when i listened with the stock earbuds i had to have the volume about 5 notches above what gave the same loudness with my mx550's, some other buds i had lying around (sony & panasonics) were even quieter!

@genesis: to remove the euro volume cap on creative products you need to grab a non eu firmware (e.g. from http://us.creative.com/support/downloads) and you need to put the device into recovery mode (e.g. with my MuVo N200 remove the battery and plug in the usb cable while holding the start/pause button) then do the firmware upgrade. if you don't do it from recovery mode you will still keep the euro cap even with a us firmware!! whole process takes about 2 minutes (backup your players contents 1st just in case!! (some firmware updates format your player, some don't))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back