Creative MuVo N200/Micro FM Recording Question
Jun 29, 2005 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Davie

1000+ Head-Fier
I am currently separated from my N200 manual (the downloadable one on the Creative web site isn't working on my computer, for some reason) and need to record a radio program. If anybody knows the anwer and has the manual handy I'd greatly appreciate some help.

I have no trouble making a recording, but the file extension is always "wav". If it's actually recording it as a wav file, there's no way I'm going to have enough room for the whole program. Can anybody tell me if this is actually a wav file, and if so is it possible to switch the format to something else, like mp3?

Thanks.

Jun 30, 2005 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 3
Yes, it records in WAV (16kHz, 4bit stereo IMA ADPCM = ~1MB/min).
MP3 encoding is only used when recording via line in (lowest quality setting 96kbps resp. 720kB/min.)

Jun 30, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by KGM11
Yes, it records in WAV (16kHz, 4bit stereo IMA ADPCM = ~1MB/min).
MP3 encoding is only used when recording via line in (lowest quality setting 96kbps resp. 720kB/min.)

Thanks. Then I guess sound quality, rather than storage space, is going to be my concern? I assume that the wav file you describe would sound worse than the mp3? Maybe I could patch in from another radio and record in mp3 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back