Creative Muvo Micro N200 1GB short review
Dec 25, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #61 of 102
I'm considering getting the V200 (if it ever comes to Canada
rolleyes.gif
), but I think it might also suffer from the backlight buzzing noise problem. I've heard the TX FM also has this problem.

Question: On the N200, can you disable the backlight or set the duration to 0? If so, does the buzzing go away?

Dec 25, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #62 of 102
I just got my 1g N200, and yes you can turn off the backlight. It's really not an issue though, I can't even hear the backlight if there's music playing, though it's definitely audible if the player is silent. As for the volume, I've got it set at 30 through my KSC-35s and it's plenty loud with someone playing GTA:SA through a surround sound setup right next to me
lambda.gif
. Haven't taken it out on the street yet, but I would imagine it'll be plenty loud for my use. Wonderful sound quality as well, sounds the same as playing from my PC soundcard.

Dec 26, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #64 of 102
Well I've been playing with mine all day and thought I'd make some observations.

First thing I ran into, it plays folders alphabetically by file name, not track number. Fortunately the Media Explorer (a simpler Windows Explorer plugin) has a simple option to sort a folder in whatever way you choose, it auto renames the files to fit your sort of choice. I'm assuming this is the playlist feature they mean, you select custom sort, then order them, then hit save and the folder will play in that order. There doesn't appear to be any support for multi folder playlists.

Next, the sound quality is amazing. I've got a NJB3 and didn't think this itty bitty player would be able to even compare to it, but I've been quite surprised. I get a vague feeling of the sound not being quite as full, and the bass isn't quite as strong, but other than that the little player is amazing. Really nothing that I would even notice in a mobile application.

It also drives my phones a bit better than I was expecting, given some of the previous comments. The supplied buds are decent enough (pretty much the same to me as the mx500s and cheapo sonys I own, I can hardly tell a difference between the 3) and the player can drive them well. It actually has a slightly harder time with my KSC-35s, in a noisy environment I was pushing them up to 35/40 and I worry that they might not survive walking down the street with traffic. However, it drove my V6s wonderfully... it's odd, I've always had more trouble driving them than the Koss, but for whatever reason the closed phones are just working better with this little guy.

So anyway, I absolutely love it, I still can't believe how ridiculously small it is. And it just feels good in my hand, easy to operate and simply cool - especially with the classy shiny black and silver color scheme. Oh, and I fiddled with the radio a bit and it's certainly acceptable.. I was picking up all my usual stations fine and very clear. I live really close to DC though, so this isn't really as much a test as some might need.

Dec 26, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #65 of 102
My N200 can power my KSC-75 just fine around volume 24. If the environment is really noisy I can't hear the music too well at that level cause the koss earphones don't isolate at all. I use my Sony 7506 (V6) with the player for times like that. I can hear them great around volume 26 or so. The N200 sounds great with both those phones and I'm very happy with it.

Dec 27, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #66 of 102
Hi. I would like to ask you guys, if somebody of you has experienced the following problem with the N200. While listening to music I have got random clicks and pops. There are some simular clicks and pops when the file is somewhat damaged, but what I am talking about is a failure in the hardware I suppose. I tried everything but I still have these clicks an pops, randomly scattered. When I rewind and then listen again this pat of the track the clicks are no more there, so that shows that this is a player's problem. Mine too. From the Creative's Site Forums I gt some info that other guys have the same clicks and pops. Others don't. I am not sure whether everybody is going to perceive them, but it si not that hard at all. What am I trying to figure out ist whether the clicks and pops are common for all MuVo Micro n200??? Thank you :)

Dec 27, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #67 of 102
I believe bangraman once mentioned his Creative TX having some sort of a problem with high-bitrate MP3's. I wonder if it's the same problem and what causes it. Flash memory reading speed exceeded by the peak bitrate? On the other hand, in that case you'd expect it to be constantly in the same part of the music.

EDIT: bangraman actually mentioned in this same thread

Dec 27, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #68 of 102
A further question to you guys with the 1 Gig version: is the whole memory as one or is it divided to two 512 MB "partitions" like the Sony according to reviews?

Dec 27, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #69 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by happosepi
I have planned of buying N200, mainly because it has the possibility of line-in recording.

Can anybody tell about the quality of N200's line-in recorder and MP3 encoder? Is the sound quality of the encoded MP3 files good enough, if compared to MP3 encoded with PC, from WAV file? Let's say we are talking about 160kbps MP3 files now.

Thanks!

I would suggest you to do the encoding using your computer.

Dec 29, 2004 at 5:58 AM Post #70 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by rauer
A further question to you guys with the 1 Gig version: is the whole memory as one or is it divided to two 512 MB "partitions" like the Sony according to reviews?

It's 1 big partition. I got mine for $179 at ecost.

Dec 29, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #71 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by plam_mk
Hi. I would like to ask you guys, if somebody of you has experienced the following problem with the N200. While listening to music I have got random clicks and pops. There are some simular clicks and pops when the file is somewhat damaged, but what I am talking about is a failure in the hardware I suppose. I tried everything but I still have these clicks an pops, randomly scattered. When I rewind and then listen again this pat of the track the clicks are no more there, so that shows that this is a player's problem. Mine too. From the Creative's Site Forums I gt some info that other guys have the same clicks and pops. Others don't. I am not sure whether everybody is going to perceive them, but it si not that hard at all. What am I trying to figure out ist whether the clicks and pops are common for all MuVo Micro n200??? Thank you :)

I just bought the C100 and it has this same problem. I think it's just on some batches (but across the entire Muvo line maybe) and I one of the unlucky ones to get a bad one.

I'm returning it tomorrow for a refund. I'm not taking my chances with a new one, waste of time for me.

Also, I'm not getting the upcoming V200 because it will probably have the same issue on some of them.

Dec 30, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #72 of 102
Hi, After returning my player because of the clicks and pops while music is playing I got the new one. The case hier is not different. Although much rarely I do have them again. It is pitty. I will be returning it again and this time for a refund. I liked the player. It has some good features ( limitted though),it played well, it has supersound and it is cheap.

You guys can take a look at the new iAudio 5...

Dec 31, 2004 at 12:58 AM Post #74 of 102
It doesn't matter at what volume. These are always present. There are also cases where this problem does not exist. Your friend is a kind of lucky. But I do not want to try returning it in effort to hope for a good one. I just say bye and I am going to continue to search for another player. The n200 was good...

Dec 31, 2004 at 10:08 AM Post #75 of 102
Mine does not seem to have that skipping problem. It is a good player although the amp is a little weak.

It is also very small, here is a picture that shows the size compared to a DVD and a NexII:

storlek.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back