Creative Muvo Micro N200 1GB short review
Nov 29, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #46 of 102
About the playlist / play folder questions (this thread really boosts my post number
biggrin.gif
):

I just downloaded the manual for the V200 from the creative website (http://files.europe.creative.com/man...%20English.pdf).
In there are listed several playmodes, including "repeat folder" and stuff like that. It is also possible to select a specific folder. Since the N200 is technically very similar to the V200 I guess it has the same options.
The manual says that you may use the creative software to create playlists, but never mentions how to use them on the player. So that might not be possible.

For me the folder option is good enough, so I guess I am going to buy one (with 1 GB).

edit: just ordered one, hopefully no other potential problems come to my mind - considering how secretive Creative handels any information concerning this product
blink.gif

Nov 30, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #47 of 102
can ayone post some pics of the player to see the size and also of the contents in the box. i would like to know exactly what comes with it and how it can be attached to the body (lanyard, case, armband...).

thank you

Nov 30, 2004 at 11:03 AM Post #48 of 102
I live in Sweden and really wants to buy this player - if it is as good as you guys say. The 1GB is sold for $250 (1680 SEK at shg.biz). With the dollar rates being this low, would it be better to buy it from USA? Does anyone know of a really cheap website that sells it even cheaper than $250, or should I just buy it from shg.biz?

At the moment I have a NEXII. I am not happy at all with the sound quality of it.

Btw, here are two pictures of the N200 and the V200:

N200 http://www.pixmania.com/dev/gui_web/...rticleId=74235

V200 http://www.pixmania.com/dev/gui_web/...rticleId=74789

They look a lot the same, however the V200 does not have line-in and is 11g heavier. Some tiny mm bigger as well.

Another pic of N200 that shows the headphones: http://www.elgiganten.se/is-bin/INTE...001gb_mx%2ejpg

Dec 1, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #49 of 102
<OT> Hey bangraman, iirc, you were looking for a flash player with voice recording, a while back.

Is the muvo tx the one you finally decided on?
smily_headphones1.gif

If yes, then how does it perform, in that respect?

If no, what the heck did you settle for then?
eggosmile.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #50 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigneeker
can ayone post some pics of the player to see the size and also of the contents in the box. i would like to know exactly what comes with it and how it can be attached to the body (lanyard, case, armband...).

thank you

You can see pictures of the N200 and case at www.nomadness.net in the Muvo forum under the Muvo Micro - New Player thread.

There is no lanyard or handstrap, but the N200 does have a very small hole for a strap or lanyard. It comes in a blister pack with a CD, quick start guide, a USB cable, a line-in patch cable (mini stereo plug to submini stereo plug), a silicone case with clip, an armband (velcro fastener, sewn slot for clip), and earbuds (not good).

The case with clip perfectly fits in the sewn slot on the armband, so it will not move once clipped on. The case also will clip onto a shirt pocket. That is where I carry it. It is so light that I do not notice it.

Dec 1, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #51 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by IpaqMan

The case with clip perfectly fits in the sewn slot on the armband, so it will not move once clipped on. The case also will clip onto a shirt pocket. That is where I carry it. It is so light that I do not notice it.

Seriously, I'm going to try to be extra careful not to put this thing in the wash. It's so small that, a couple of times, I've been searching around for it when it was in my pocket the whole time!

Dec 5, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #52 of 102
Could someone post a picture of his Muvo Micro next to say, a AA battery, so I can get a better idea of how small it is?

I've seen the solo shots but those couldn't give me an idea of it's real size...just of how it looks. Thanks.

Dec 6, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #53 of 102
Here's some pics of my n200 next to my Sharp minidisc player and various batteries. Sorry for being a bad photographer.

n200 top
n200 side

Dec 10, 2004 at 1:06 PM Post #54 of 102
Just want to tell you that there is a big new comparison of flash players at www.tomshardware.com . While the N200 is not tested they looked at its brother, the V200. They say that it has the best sound among all those players, which is hopefully true for the N200 as well.

Dec 10, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #55 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by breadnbutter
Just want to tell you that there is a big new comparison of flash players at www.tomshardware.com . While the N200 is not tested they looked at its brother, the V200. They say that it has the best sound among all those players, which is hopefully true for the N200 as well.

I like the sound of the N200. I find it clear and balanced, especially considering that it's running off one AAA battery.

Dec 13, 2004 at 8:29 PM Post #56 of 102
I have planned of buying N200, mainly because it has the possibility of line-in recording.

Can anybody tell about the quality of N200's line-in recorder and MP3 encoder? Is the sound quality of the encoded MP3 files good enough, if compared to MP3 encoded with PC, from WAV file? Let's say we are talking about 160kbps MP3 files now.

Thanks!

Dec 24, 2004 at 2:41 PM Post #57 of 102
Hi

Can anybody tell me if the colour of the earphones matches the player? e.g. if you buy the white one you get white earphones / buy the black one and you get black ones?

Not quite sure which colour to get, just from the current two choices
redface.gif

Dec 24, 2004 at 4:07 PM Post #58 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yug
Hi

Can anybody tell me if the colour of the earphones matches the player? e.g. if you buy the white one you get white earphones / buy the black one and you get black ones?

Not quite sure which colour to get, just from the current two choices
redface.gif

My player was black and the earphones are white. That way people think I'm cool cause they think it's an iPod.
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #59 of 102
I tried the MUVO MICRO n200 512mb:

My general opinion:

Far more user friendly than my iriver-ihp120.

Amp is rubbish! it must be about 2mw (guess based on my portable minidisc recorder playing louder and thats 3mw). It does not power Sony 71's proparly, or my Shure E2c's. If you want to listen to quite music then its fine. Turn the device up to 30+ and major distortion sets in and you'll ruin your earphones/canalphones etc.

The FM reception was average with a lot of background crackle.

There is also a lound audible buzz as noted in an earlier post.

I would not recommend this to ppl who enjoy regular listening through portable music devices.

Dec 24, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #60 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjc10212
I tried the MUVO MICRO n200 512mb:

Amp is rubbish! it must be about 2mw (guess based on my portable minidisc recorder playing louder and thats 3mw). It does not power Sony 71's proparly, or my Shure E2c's. If you want to listen to quite music then its fine. Turn the device up to 30+ and major distortion sets in and you'll ruin your earphones/canalphones etc.

Maybe yours is defective. I don't notice particularly high distortion with the amp over 30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back