Creative Media Source...help
Jun 21, 2005 at 10:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
i lost my Creative CD....i just formatted my PC.... i cant upload new songs!!

i can't find the program available to download.... (is it on creative? i cant find it...)

can anyone help me out on this? i need the program!!!!

thanks!

rob

Jun 21, 2005 at 11:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1031
i lost my Creative CD....i just formatted my PC.... i cant upload new songs!!

i can't find the program available to download.... (is it on creative? i cant find it...)

can anyone help me out on this? i need the program!!!!

thanks!

rob

Sure you can download it. Perhaps you're looking for Applications for the Touch. It's odd that they don't list it there. Instead, go into Mp3 Players - Zen - Creative NOMAD Jukebox Zen for example (Mediasource is listed with other choices too, but apparently not for the Touch). Download the Mediasource Update and run it. Install the appropriate drivers for your player first of course.

Jun 22, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 5
As another has mentioned, Notmad from Redchair Software is a nice option. It is awesome. It won't rip, I think, but it is very powerful. It has SQL database access so you can really review contents of Zen in a very detailed manner, like make an html page or printout of your Zen contents.

It will also compare your PC folders and contents of Zen! You can also sync the two to make them identical.

If you purchase it you have lifetime free updates.

It also has the Audiomorph feature. It will let you recompress your files to Zen when you load them. That is, for example, load a 256kbps file on your PC to 128kbps on your Zen. Sound quality is slightly degraded though.

Magix also makes "MP3 Maker" for about $30 at COMPUSA. It will also download music to Zen! And will rip. But it's encode and transcoder are not the greatest. Of the two, I prefer Notmad.

Jun 27, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 5
sorrry to pop this up again, but i tried to download the UPDATE from creative as you said...but it says smf like..cant find file. tried it 2 times. didnt work.

about that program.. i kinda installed it and stuff.. got like 4 things on my startup bar now..Nomad Muvo, Nomad Jukebox3, 2, and Nomad Jukebox Zen.

i tried to plug my zen touch in, and run it, but they said they cant find anything and i cant do anything. this sucks..

any other way of downloading just the basic Creative Media Source or suggestions on this new program?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back