Creative Lab's Sound Blaster X7 for PC Gaming
May 31, 2015 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nopc0de

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

because of the Massdrop listing the "Creative Lab's Sound Blaster X7" has come to my attention.
I guess I'm just asking you guys if this thing is the right thing for me or if I should look for something else...

I'm looking for a AMP/DAC stack that will be used for:

- Gaming (PC)
- Movies
- Music
All 3 of these are equally important for me...

Would this be a good buy?
And is it future proof in terms of headphone upgrades. I have a 7xx right now but will it drive something like a Shure 1840 or beyer t1?

I'd rather buy a non-gaming product (Schiit) as these always seem a bit overpriced and gimmicky but I really like virtual surround (my mobo has it but it gives lots of static noise).

Thanks guys

May 31, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #2 of 2
  Because of the Massdrop listing the "Creative Lab's Sound Blaster X7" has come to my attention.
I guess I'm just asking you guys if this thing is the right thing for me or if I should look for something else...
I'm looking for a AMP/DAC stack that will be used for:
- Gaming (PC)
- Movies
- Music
All 3 of these are equally important for me...
Would this be a good buy?
And is it future proof in terms of headphone upgrades. I have a 7xx right now but will it drive something like a Shure 1840 or beyer t1?
I'd rather buy a non-gaming product (Schiit) as these always seem a bit overpriced and gimmicky but I really like virtual surround (my mobo has it but it gives lots of static noise).

Why not just get a used Sound Blaster ZxR?
Off eBay, $170-$175.

Or get a Sound Blaster Z (OEM is fine) and connect an external (optical) DAC and headphone amplifier, to your computer.
An external DAC will help remove the static noise generated inside your computer case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back