Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum + Windows 7
Nov 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tspayde

New Head-Fier
I just installed windows 7 on my main machine and went through hell with my old sound card. I have a Sound Blaster Live (CT4830). It was really old but was a great card. I only use a headset and sometimes my daughter likes to sit on my lap and watch music videos (she is 1). So what I would do is just turn the volume up and you could hear it great through the headset from a small distance away.

Well when I installed Windows 7 I could not get a driver to work properly so I ended up buying a new one as a quick fix. I got a cheap card from BestBuy. The card works great as far as sound and mic. But it just doesn't get loud enough for me.

So in my search for a new sound card I found a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum for a decent price that I was going to jump on. I have read around and the reviews are mixed as far as using it on Windows 7.

Is anyone currently using this card with windows 7? Is it working properly? Am I going to go through hell to get it working? I would consider myself an advanced computer user. Been working in the IT field for about 7 years now.

Hope someone can give me some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 3
i spend a week to get my fata1ty from sond blaster working i got it working (for the present need i have)but i had to unplug the front panel that comes with my card.so far creative has been dragging their feet to make working driver.if you go to their forum you will find
that lot's of people got problem and i don't think that they solve it
Windows 7 - Creative Labs

maybe you can try the daniel k driver you will find the tread on the creative forum for the download.
as far i'm concern that's it for creative for a long time for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back