Creative Labs and Windows OS
Nov 28, 2006 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

RockysDad

Head-Fier
This player is my first player and is on sale today only so I need a quick answer...

I am thinking about getting the Creative Labs Zen V but its requirements says it only uses Win XP. I have Win 2k. Will this work or not? What do I have to use to make this one particular MP3 player work with Win 2k OS?

TIA...

Nov 28, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockysDad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This player is my first player and is on sale today only so I need a quick answer...

I am thinking about getting the Creative Labs Zen V but its requirements says it only uses Win XP. I have Win 2k. Will this work or not? What do I have to use to make this one particular MP3 player work with Win 2k OS?

TIA...

I will not work, when you go to install the drivers it will say you need a newer version of windows.

Nov 28, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 8
Sorry, it doesn't look like it.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...lus-review.php

Quote:

Aside from media files, data files can be transferred to and from the Zen V in two different ways. The first way will only work if you have Windows XP with the latest version of Windows Media Player installed or Creative’s software that is bundled with the player. This works fine, but you are out of luck if you wish to take your data to a different operating system or a Windows XP machine without the above mentioned software installed.

Nov 28, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 8
Double post.
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #5 of 8
Microsoft has released some patch for WMP9 which makes transferring audio to the players possible
wink.gif
Nothing else though.. and don't have the link. Was on MS's website.

Nov 29, 2006 at 11:05 AM Post #6 of 8
Winamp has support for the latest Creative players. Its library thing is likely to be able to upload music to a Zen V, but I suggest you go read the winamp.com website and forum to be sure.

Edit: I'm reading now that w2k might have trouble with the drivers (what about MTP compatibility? ). If that's the case, winamp won't help.

Nov 29, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #7 of 8
This is a bummer! Looking at other players, they sort of have the XP OS as a minimum also. I guess I might have to go the iPod route. I'm hoping that iTunes support Win2k... Anyone knows for sure?

Nov 29, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 8
The WMP9 patch works in Win2k. It supports only music transferring though.. i think iTunes supports W2K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back