Creative Introduces Sound Blaster X-Fi
Aug 11, 2005 at 8:57 AM Post #31 of 81
I would be happy if the Crystalizer sounds even slightly better than my Panasonic dvd players "Double Remaster" , which resamples 44 Khz to 176 Khz and 48 to 192Khz . The resampling seems to add a considerable depth and height to the sound in addition to adding the last amount to sparkle.

Aug 11, 2005 at 10:06 AM Post #32 of 81
I wonder if they'll offer a money back guarantee
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #33 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomase
Will there be anything to prevent people from swapping XRAM and non-XRAM boards to get around this? Anything other than inconvenience of course...

I'm not sure whether I understand your question - but if it's supposed to mean something like "Will the X-RAM equipped boards also run without their internal/external modules?", then yes, they will. Remote control support might get a bit difficult, though: no module, no ir receiver...
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Aug 12, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #36 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
Remote control support might get a bit difficult, though: no module, no ir receiver...
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Of course, that's the point.
wink.gif
But seriously, is it REQUIRED to install the I/O module if you are using the XRAM board? If not, we might see a market for I/O modules on ebay...

Aug 12, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #37 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee
Would this be the 1st true picture of the card.

Wow, that seems like one massive enclosure!

Aug 12, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #38 of 81
Just in case anyone is interested creative is running a special on the Fatality version....199.99.

http://us.creative.com/local/1/promo...488&PID=227502

Im debating if I should bite at this or not. My case has a door on it so I dont think the remote would work if the door is closed. I do have an external IR reciever from my sapphire TV tuner. Does anyone know if the remote would work with that?

Aug 12, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #39 of 81
Quote:

Of course, that's the point.
wink.gif
But seriously, is it REQUIRED to install the I/O module if you are using the XRAM board? If not, we might see a market for I/O modules on ebay...

...and remote controls
wink.gif
- yup, could be. And as already mentioned above, it also works without the module. You might want to buy that digital i/o extender thingy for the flexi-jack then, though - otherwise you'll only have electrical s/p-dif-out (vs. electrical and optical in and out with the extender).

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Teerawit: Yup, it's gotten rather big big and heavy. The board inside is pretty big, too - only sparsely populated, though...

Aug 12, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #40 of 81
I use headphones exclusively, so all I need is the 2-channel analog output.

I find it ironic that although Creative seems to have taken notice that a great number (even a majority) of gamers use headphones exclusively, and they have worked on improving CMSS-3D to accomodate that, they are forcing those same people to buy a useless (to them) I/O module and remote control if they also want the XRAM.

Aug 12, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #41 of 81
eek.gif
Oh... I just got EMU 1212M from Fry's 2 weeks ago.After reading a lot of forums I broked and got it for 200$.
It's really great connected to Corda Prehead-1 Amp and HD-650.
And now this new X-Fi !
So,what would you do?
Return 1212m and wait few weeks for a new card or stay with EMU.
Thanks,
Sergey

Aug 12, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #42 of 81
If games are really important to you and especially if you play with headphones, get X-Fi (this is a guess, I haven't of course heard one).

If music is most important to you and gaming is secondary. Stick with the E-MU.

Aug 12, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #43 of 81
The September issue of Computer Gaming World has some X-Fi sound samples on the included DVD that have been pre-processed by the X-Fi algorithms. The HRTF voodoo is better than Dolby Headphone. Find a copy and try it out.

Aug 12, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #44 of 81
Quote:

The September issue of Computer Gaming World has some X-Fi sound samples on the included DVD that have been pre-processed by the X-Fi algorithms. The HRTF voodoo is better than Dolby Headphone. Find a copy and try it out.

Very nice find. I think I might go pick this up if I can find it before I throw down that $200 on the Fatal1ty version.

Aug 12, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #45 of 81
I will have to wait for the reviews before I buy this.. I highly doubt it's onboard DAC and 'crystalizer' will outperform a DAC-1..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back