Creative following Apple trend?!
Mar 2, 2005 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

rassler

Head-Fier
I wanted the opinion of the forum on this one, as I am not really sure of this. I went to check the "Included in package" tab or whatever it is called for the Creative micros at Creative.com, since the new sizes and prices were released, and it does not list the AC wall charger there!! Did I miss something? Was it never listed? Ahhhh, whats going on!?!?!
confused.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 13
you are right, new zen micro page package content don't have it listed. looks like they took out the pouch, the case for stand/belt clip and ac adapter. that sucks. someone go confirm with creative.

New zen micro package content:
* Zen Micro Player
* Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
* High Fidelity Earphones
* USB 2.0 Cable
* Creative Media Source
* Installation CD
* Quick Start Guide

Old Zen Micro page package content list
* ZEN MICRO player
* High Fidelity earphones
* Wired remote control1 (asia only)
* 1 Li-Ion rechargeable battery2
* Power adapter
* USB 2.0 cable
* Belt-clip and stand
* Pouch
* QuickStart guide
* Installation CD

Mar 2, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 13
I hate this cutting accessories disguised as "price drops." What next? Cut the USB cable also? In the past, every DAPs have their own advantage (remember the accessory packed iRiver H1xx?). Now, everything just becomes a barebone player. Even the Dell DJ still comes with an AC adaptor.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 13
damn they rased the price on amazon for the 5gb to $234 oh well I guess I could buy the 5gb one without the accesories I don't need for less

Mar 2, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001
I hate this cutting accessories disguised as "price drops." What next? Cut the USB cable also? In the past, every DAPs have their own advantage (remember the accessory packed iRiver H1xx?). Now, everything just becomes a barebone player. Even the Dell DJ still comes with an AC adaptor.
rolleyes.gif

If not coming with a USB cable or something cuts the price of the player, I'm all for it. Most of us have these things lying around. Stuff like AC adapters, well, they should probably be included.

Mar 3, 2005 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 13
I KNOW PROBABLY NEW 6GB AND 4GB MICROS DON'T BRING A PAIR OF ACCESORIES, BUT DOES THE CLASSIC 5GB MICRO BRING THEM OR NOT, I JUST ORDERED A ZEN MICRO AND WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE.
MAX...
orphsmile.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by IstariAsuka
If not coming with a USB cable or something cuts the price of the player, I'm all for it. Most of us have these things lying around. Stuff like AC adapters, well, they should probably be included.

I don't have an ac adpter that has the usb plug this sux I need to buy one

Mar 3, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by TomRemixed
I don't have an ac adpter that has the usb plug this sux I need to buy one

you can always charge it via usb to a computer

Mar 3, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
you can always charge it via usb to a computer

oh thank you I was getting worried there shows you how much i know about technology I don't mind I wouldn't listen to it that long I would just get another battery

Mar 3, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #11 of 13
wait can any ac to mini-usb work with my micro? that would be awsome with my micro going into the line in on my car already so i wouldnt ever have to worry about battery life.

Mar 3, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxsnowboard
I KNOW PROBABLY NEW 6GB AND 4GB MICROS DON'T BRING A PAIR OF ACCESORIES, BUT DOES THE CLASSIC 5GB MICRO BRING THEM OR NOT, I JUST ORDERED A ZEN MICRO AND WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE.
MAX...
orphsmile.gif

if you just ordered I guess it would have them

the thing I am wondering is in 3 weeks i will have enough money for the 5gb but I don't know when the damn thing will come out

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #13 of 13
I bought mine under a month ago, so I am returning it for store credit and going to buy the 6gb when it comes out. But I am going to keep my AC adapter, every electronics item i have ever returned has never charged me any fee. So once again I will try to get away with it. Thats the only thing I am keeping though. Who the heck would want the pouch or that stand and belt clip anyways? I never ever used them, I have an altoids case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back