Creative EP630 properties?
Jan 30, 2006 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

syndrome

100+ Head-Fier
So I finally got around bying these little babies. I was very happy about it, but when I plugged them in on the train, I got a bit disappointed with the sound. When I came home, I tried changing the silicon buds to one size smaller, just for fun, and when I tried them on, it seems like the sound became a little better. Am I just imagining things, or does these silicon buds give different sound experiences?

And one more thing, for those of you owning these buds. Have you discovered improvement because of burn in? I'm still a little lost on the subject burn in
smily_headphones1.gif

Best regards
/ Syndrome

Jan 30, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 3
Some people even use different sized silicone buds for each of their ears. Experiement until you get the best fit - this can affect many aspects of the sound, especially bass.

Burn in happens - just keep listening to them and you should like the sound more and more.

Jan 31, 2006 at 12:51 PM Post #3 of 3
Try using the largest silicon tips. You need full seal to get a good sound.
The best way I found to achieve it is to pull the top of my ear with one hand while gently inserting the phone with the other hand. This is to open the ear canal and position the phone. Then, just wiggle the phone around while gently pushing it inside until you can hear yourself swallowing or chewing - this means you've gotten a good seal.
Secondly, yes, they do get better with burn-in. I left mine on at night for about a week, plugged-in into my laptop. at about 80% volume, with a pillow on top of them (otherwise you hear them...annoying...). Of course I would use them during the day. What I found changed was the mids/highs. They got smoother.

A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back