Creative EP-630 V's Similar priced Closed Cans
May 8, 2006 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Happytab

Head-Fier
Guys, comparing comfort and sound quality - would I be better to go for the IEM's over a similar priced can (driven from an Ipod - listening to all kinds of music.

It seems to me that I can not have a Closed Portable Headphone that sounds good and is comfortable. It seems to me that I have to compromise somwhere and it is usually comfort !

I am getting really hacked off with this search now - I just want to upgrade from Ipod buds and every new direction leads to another dead end.

I think I would rather go headphones but nearly every reveiw I read has people complaining about comfort issues.

Are the IEM's easy to get in and out ?

Help me here guys before I go mad ?

May 8, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 5
I find the EP630s very, very comfortable (basically they disappear for me) and easy to put in and take out. They would be perfect without their harsh sibilance
mad.gif

May 8, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatality_
I find the EP630s very, very comfortable (basically they disappear for me) and easy to put in and take out. They would be perfect without their harsh sibilance
mad.gif

What is sibilance exactly ?

May 8, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Ah, sibiliance and 630; this is my turn:

- Open them by pulling down the metal ring.
- stuff that little suckers with a little foam til they loose their sibiliance. Try different qualitys of foam.
- If you´ve trouble with getting a good seal, stuff the silicone sleeve with blue tac.

I find them to be veeery comfortable, sound is good. No major flaws except the sibiliance (which some people hear, some don´t).

By the way, sibiliance means some trebly noises like "s", "z", Cymbals, etc. sound anoying to your ears.

May 8, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 5
I love the sound of the EP630. I am using it as my main flying headphone now too. It blocks out enough noise to make a flight comfortable, although it doesn't block out as much noise as the Shure e2. Lots of deep bass and just a tad too bright in the treble but livable. Most comfortable headphone I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back