creative ep-630, best price for them ? do they come w/ case?
Apr 9, 2006 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

chauzer

New Head-Fier
im planning on purchasing the creative ep-630, and i was wondering whats the best place to buy them for the lowest price?

also, do they come w/ a case ? if not, any recommendations on how to carry them? i know they aren't expensive earphones, but i dont really want ot just throw them in my bag either

thanks!

Apr 9, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #2 of 13
They do not come with a case or pouch. Amazon used to sell them for less than 27 bucks, but it looks like they raised their price. Buy.com sells them for $28 bucks and they're probably your best option in terms of store reliability and price.

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 13
They're my most recent addition (I like them, by the way). Bare-bones packaging, but so what? They're a very good value.

You can do what I do with my canal phones such as the Sony's and Creatives -- rather than just throwing them in a bag or a pants pocket, reduce wear and tear on them by at least placing them in a small plastic zip-lock snack or sandwich bag (they come in handy in various travel and organization applications) ... that will at least cut down on lint, abrasion, tangles, snags, etc. (Some people use Altoids tins or similar containers.)

Apr 9, 2006 at 8:47 AM Post #4 of 13
i hear that altoids sours (apart from being rather tasty candies) come in a nice round tin that fits IEMs/earbuds really well. just be sure to wash the tin out and dry it before using it to store the buds (pretty sure you knew to do this already).

Apr 9, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 13
Buy.com is sold out, as is jr.com. I got mine from office depot (buy way of amazon.com) for a total of 35.95.

Apr 9, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunuggs
Buy.com is sold out, as is jr.com. I got mine from office depot (buy way of amazon.com) for a total of 35.95.

yeah i saw office depot had it through amazon.com, but it's weird i couldnt find it directly at officedepot.com
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #7 of 13
That kinda bites. I just got mine this week from JR.com. I can't believe they're already sold out. I wouldn't get them from amazon directly because of their crappy return policy. Best option is to type in Creative ep630 into google and see what stores pop up.

Apr 9, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #9 of 13
May as well ask you guys - what form do the US-retail EP630s come in? Straight plug I assume, but L-cord or Y-cord to the earbuds? Is the cord 1.2m or 1m? And do they come in a normal bubble case with spare earbuds and extension cord?

Apr 10, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #10 of 13
Mine shipped in a no-frills plastic and cardboard bubble pack, with two alternate size pairs of silicone ear pieces. No extension cord. Straight plug. According to the packaging, the cord is 1.2M long.

I like the "conventional" (or at least symmetrical) "Y" cord configurtion -- the "L" or "J" cord on the Sony's didn't bother me much at first, but for some reason I've grown tired of that configuration. Plus these sound pretty good, for the price.

Apr 10, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #11 of 13
Yeah, it's not crappy per se, but I just don't like the fact that you only get 80% of your money back for a product you bought but didn't like. It's not really your fault you didn't like it, it just wasn't made for you. I don't have it out for amazon cause I shop there all the time.

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:31 PM Post #12 of 13
Any Idea where I can get these shipped to canada for a decent price ? The only place I found so far is Creatives Canada website, but they way 66$ USD incl shipping to canada. A little much if you ask me. Or any sudgestion on an equally good budget canalphone that I could pick up in canada for under 50$ ?
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by derkobra
Yeah, it's not crappy per se, but I just don't like the fact that you only get 80% of your money back for a product you bought but didn't like. It's not really your fault you didn't like it, it just wasn't made for you. I don't have it out for amazon cause I shop there all the time.

are you referring to your having to pay return shipping? I've never seen any sort of restocking fee at amazon, and I've returned things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back