Creative Aurvana Live VS Portapro
Apr 24, 2010 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Esymptote

New Head-Fier
How would the Creatives compare tp the Portapros?
I currently have the portapro's, but am looking for a decent pair of closed headphones for portable use.
I can get the Creatives for $55 from Costco.

If they aren't worth the money, I'll be buying the HA-S700s.

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 5
I see ljokerl responded to one of your previous threads. Did you check out his review thread?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...2-10-a-433318/
The Creatives score well for comfort and sound but lose marks for appearing less rugged than competing full-size models (not that I've heard any reports of issues). More important to you perhaps, they're also a bit on the bulky side and most important of all they're not great for isolation (though obviously better than the completely open Koss'). They can be driven pretty well by the fairly weak headphone out of a Sansa Clip+.
$55 sounds like a good price but they may be frustrating to use with quiet music in noisy environments.

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Although they aren't that good in isolation, they aren't that bad... They are still closed cans....

Sound and comfort is way better for the CAL!s though, and they have GREEEEEEEEAT bang/buck

Apr 25, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisjackson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see ljokerl responded to one of your previous threads. Did you check out his review thread?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...2-10-a-433318/
The Creatives score well for comfort and sound but lose marks for appearing less rugged than competing full-size models (not that I've heard any reports of issues). More important to you perhaps, they're also a bit on the bulky side and most important of all they're not great for isolation (though obviously better than the completely open Koss'). They can be driven pretty well by the fairly weak headphone out of a Sansa Clip+.
$55 sounds like a good price but they may be frustrating to use with quiet music in noisy environments.

Thanks for the comment on isolation, I took for granted that it would be great, being a closed design. After searching, I found out they are weak in the isolation department and that they don't fold, which sucks cause I'll be keeping them in my backpack for about 90% of the day.
I'll probably be getting the HA-S700s for portable listening.
Thanks
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back