Creative Aurvana Live! vs. Philips SHP5400
Feb 1, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 6
I have saw a demo set of the aurvana live at the store before. The headphones has glossy earcups which make it look classy while the audio was acceptable, sounding nice for videos too.

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 6
The Aurvana Live! is a well-balanced headphone, not overemphasizing anything and doing very well for a closed can. I'd say it has a slight V-shaped frequency curve. Vocals sound pretty good and if you can handle MS-2 highs, then these should be no problem at all (peak in the highs). At this price range, I don't think it's very likely that anything won't have that "closed" sound, and the Aurvana Live! is no exception. Can't say I have much experience with closed headphones but I'd say these are staying with me. Not extremely portable since they don't fold up.

PS I've seen a review by an owner of both the Live! and the D1000/D5000 that the Live! is like the D1000, but with bass quantity closer to the D5000.

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 6
If you're going to choose between these 2, you must note the price range as well. The Philips is only $30 - $50 range. Not that this price range from Philips has let me down before (anyone remember the good ol' HP460's?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back