Creative Aurvana Live! or Brainwavz HM5
May 2, 2014 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

sakvi

New Head-Fier
As the title says I am deciding between the Live! and the HM5. I am extremely new to this and these would be my first audiophile headphones or any headphones I've put any research into. I know the HM5 is almost twice the cost but these seem to be the best two, at least from my research. So if anyone could point out the differences between the two, I would appreciate it. Thankyou!

May 6, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #10 of 17
I've read some reviews of the CAL!2 and they've said the CAL!2 has a similar signature to the ooriginal, just with enhanced bass.

No--you can't up the bass and say that the sound signature is the same.  If you look to the Buying Guide, the CAL2 has a red "B"--which means it is a "bass heavy headphone."

See:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

May 6, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #11 of 17
Thank you for showing me that. I did not know that it existed. When you said that it was unfortunate that the CAL!1 and CAL!2 had the same base name were you implying the original had a better sound quality?

May 6, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #12 of 17
I am implying two things.  First there is really very little that is similar between the CAL! & CAL2.  Second the CAL! is a great sub-audiophile entry level can.  See:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate

The CAL2 is a bassy lifestyle can.

May 8, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #13 of 17
@KG Jag In your first comment, what did you mean by the HM5 being lifeless? Sorry, I'm new to purchasing anything close to audiophile headphone and don't really know what that means. Thanks for all your other extremely helpful comments.

May 8, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #15 of 17
  @KG Jag In your first comment, what did you mean by the HM5 being lifeless? Sorry, I'm new to purchasing anything close to audiophile headphone and don't really know what that means. Thanks for all your other extremely helpful comments.

They lack musicality.  They fail to reproduce soul of the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back