Creative Aurvana 3 its really a nice piece of kit
Mar 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #16 of 35
To each their own, I'm not saying these are the end all be all but for me I like them a lot.  I didn't say their better than the TF10 just that I can get as much enjoyment from them, they have 2 different sound signatures and for me its fun to change it up from time to time.  Yes the TF10's are more technically proficient and they should be but for a duel BA thats around $100 I think these are well worth it.

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #17 of 35

Quote:
I still like the GR07 with certain music like rock and it is good for the price but for music like EDM, hip hop or even pop (which is a lot of EDM these days) the Aurvana 3 has a very fun, warm yet detailed sound that I really like.  At the moment my 2 favorite IEM's I have are these and the EPH-100.

that clearly answers my question, and i am getting veeeery vlose to getting those. i think if you can answer my last questioni will have a definite decision: do you remember when you tried the shure se215, which one is bigger in dimensions? i am asking because the 215s sit nicely in my ears, but i am afraid that the aurvanas are bigger, and i don't have big ears, i have regular ones.... could you also possibly send my by pm an image of your ear when wearing them? that would be amazing and soooo helpful.. thanks!

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #18 of 35
My ears aren't what I'd call big either and they fit me perfectly and are also quite comfortable, I've had them in for hours with no discomfort.  Well me phones camera is broke but heres a pic that shows them and their ears look smaller than mine (but it hard to judge from the pic) and they look to fit good.  I've even fallen asleep with them in while laying my head down on my pillow.

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #19 of 35
 thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!!!! it looks like they'll fit me too.

okay i think that finally settles this.. i also read the reivew that made you buy it.. but damn... why do i read everywhere that For music lovers looking for maximum bass impact suitable for Hip Hop and R&B, I would recommend staying away from these for the simple fact that the bass response here is on the neutral side and may feel a little lighter than a listener of this nature may like.

http://blog.headphones.com/headphone-reviews/creative-labs-aurvana-in-ear-3-earphone-review/

however, surprisingly, you are saying the complete opposite!!

about the yamahas, man do they look nice.. but they cannot dissapear in the ear which means no use with bike helmet so i cannot consider them unfortunatelly...

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #20 of 35
The Aurvana's aren't bass heavy IEM's but theres not really any BA's other than ones with maybe 3 or 4 that have a lot of bass quantity but I bet they have as much or more than your old super fi 3's.  If you want something that fun, warm and musical that also has the detail of duel BA's with clean well textured bass but not bass monster than these are a choice.  I'm listening to them right now and when a track calls for bass you can defiantly hear it and I like the accurate, fast and detailed bass from BA's.

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #21 of 35
If you want something with more bass and that will fit in a helmet the GR07 wouldn't be a bad choice either but it lack that wow factor and has a neutral monitor like sound signature but the bass is thicker and bigger than the IE3's.

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #22 of 35

Quote:
The Aurvana's aren't bass heavy IEM's but theres not really any BA's other than ones with maybe 3 or 4 that have a lot of bass quantity but I bet they have as much or more than your old super fi 3's.  If you want something that fun, warm and musical that also has the detail of duel BA's with clean well textured bass but not bass monster than these are a choice.  I'm listening to them right now and when a track calls for bass you can defiantly hear it and I like the accurate, fast and detailed bass from BA's.

you made me decise on those. it's final. i just managed to return the 215 to the local seller, and be charged only for the courier from Shure that sent it to him (reseller), so overall i lost 10 euros. i am ordering the aurvanas tomorrow and i'll let you know how i find them once they are here (2 weeks the dude said). i sincerely hope i will like them more than the 215 and find them to be closer to the sf3 soundwise and hopefully even better! do these need burn in?? thanks for evertyhing

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #23 of 35
No they don't need in burn-in time and sound good right out of the box and I'm glad to have helped.  So good luck with them and do let me know what you think after you've listen to them for at least a few days so your brain can get adjusted to the sound signature.

Mar 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #24 of 35

Quote:
To each their own, I'm not saying these are the end all be all but for me I like them a lot.  I didn't say their better than the TF10 just that I can get as much enjoyment from them, they have 2 different sound signatures and for me its fun to change it up from time to time.  Yes the TF10's are more technically proficient and they should be but for a duel BA thats around $100 I think these are well worth it.

It's not that. I just despise the TF10, so your comparison made me not want them.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #26 of 35
Is there any sibilance on these? and in terms of quantity, which has more sibilance, GR07 or the Aurvana 3? Which has better detail, and which has better clarity?

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #27 of 35
Well now that I finally got good tips and a good seal on my GR07 they sound much better now but in terms of sibilance the GR07 has much more than the Aurvana.  I also think the Creatives have better clarity but the Vsonics still have good detail for a dynamic driver.  

I've just did an A/B session with both and to me the Aurvana 3 has more detail in the mids but the highs are good also in a more laid back relaxing way.  The bass on the Creatives is quick with decent depth and punch though its not bass heavy but still has nice texture and the soundstage is wide with great 3D imaging.

As for the GR07 it has some of the best bass I've heard with really good depth and punch with an over all great feel to it.  Mids and highs are more neutral in tone as a good monitor should be and they have good detail but to me just slightly behind the Aurvana's.  It to has a very good soundstage with a bit more width but the Aurvana's have more depth and a better 3D presentation.

They both are very good and sound totally different with the Creative having a smooth, lush mid-centric sound and the GR07 being warmer and more neutral with thicker bass.  I think they both sound great so it just comes down to what sound signature you want.

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #28 of 35

Quote:
It's not that. I just despise the TF10, so your comparison made me not want them.

Well these are the total opposite sound wise from the TF10's with the mid-centric presentation, their more inline with the Shures or even the Ortofon e-Q7 as far as their sound signature goes.  I just think at their price point they have a very capable sound thats fun yet detailed.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #29 of 35
Well I can't sleep so I was just looking for some other reviews on these and came across some frequency graphs from Golden Ears and to me they really look quite good.

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #30 of 35
I keep on thinking that these can't sound as good as I think they do but every time I listen to one of my more expensive and supposedly technically better IEM's like the e-Q7, TF10, W2 or the EPH-100 (which I love) they don't really out preform the Aurvana IE3's in any significant way.  Yes one might have better bass or a larger soundstage but no so much more that make the Creatives sound worse in any way.  I know people might think I'm nuts but I'm liking them more than the TF10 and as much as the e-Q7 though the bass is a bit better on the Ortofon with its moving armature.  When Amazon gets them back in stock at $104 these are a great bang for buck IEM like the Yamaha EPH-100, and even at the $150 they were when they came out is still a good deal imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back