creative and win7
Nov 14, 2009 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

pasam

New Head-Fier
my first time here to post but coming once a while for reading
i got a sound-blaster X-fi.fatal1ty champion (the one with front panel)
i'm a gamer and listen music not a true audiophile .but i enjoy listenning a lot of music from my pc.
i use MB-quart 400 pro studio;beyer dynamic-DT440;grado SR-125and also for some gaming with microphone sennheiser PC-350
i just bought a new rig asus P7P55D-EVO.cpu i7 860.6g of memory and the sound blaster and gforce 260.i use to run on xp pro before with no problem at all.
but with my new rig i went to win 7 pro,the problem start there.
first the driver don't install so i got the one from creative for win 7 no application with it barely basic i switch for the DANIEL K DRIVER wich are more complete but on gaming i can't get the microphone working and also the sound quality is'nt there anymore lots of noise crackling, and humbling, reverberation,and so on.
the main problem is with no microphone on some game they are a must;after been on the creative forum and read throught 7 page of complaint about driver and win 7 someone with the same card mention to disconnect the front pannel;wich i did and the microphne work now.
but with that i can't use my headphones for music anymore ,and that i don't take it at all.
i'm looking for a solution ,but i don't expect much from creative ,so i'm looking for a second option a new sound card and maybe one of those mini amp that can give me sound control on the front and connection for 1/4" headphone connection.
so if someone got solution for my creative?go for it
and also suggestion for new gear (soundcard and amp)
for about $400 to $450 if possible
thank you very

Users who are viewing this thread

Back