Creative AE-5 + Magni 3 // Creative ZxR + Magni 3 question
Jul 6, 2018 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Wesley1985

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I want to use the amp from Magni 3 but the software from ZxR or Creative AE-5 now my question is.

Can i use the Creative AE-5 with Magni 3 if so which cable should i use? Or is it only possible on the ZxR if so can use all of the creative software for gaming like smart volume/loudness en the 5.1 stuff. Thanks in Advance.

Jul 8, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi,

I want to use the amp from Magni 3 but the software from ZxR or Creative AE-5 now my question is.

Can i use the Creative AE-5 with Magni 3 if so which cable should i use? Or is it only possible on the ZxR if so can use all of the creative software for gaming like smart volume/loudness en the 5.1 stuff. Thanks in Advance.

3.5mm from FL/FR jack on the soundcard to the RCA jacks on the Magni.

If the software is otherwise similar enough you can save money on the ZxR vs the AE-5 since the latter's selling point is a better, more powerful, low output impedance headphone amp (and RGB, if that matters). Or just use the AE-5. Unless you do critical listening with no distractions I doubt you'd hear a significant difference on any headphone that doesn't need as much power as the Magni3's, since if you could, you wouldn't be using a fullsize computer unless it's got a custom loop running at lowest fan speeds on all fans.

Jul 8, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi,
This Hifimediy optical DAC can be connected to any sound card's optical output port.
The Creative cards can output their headphone surround sound thru the optical port.
Sound card > optical DAC > Magni > Headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back