Crease on pads?
Dec 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Loser777

Head-Fier
My set of ATH-M50 arrived today via UPS 2-day air. It was packed with the plastic air bags, but upon opening the box, I see that the box is somewhat squished in the right corner. The headphones are still intact- still in the plastic holder that was in the box, but there's a large crease on both of the pads.
They sound fine, but was the crease in the pads caused by damage during shipping or is that something to be expected?

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 5
If the pads are completely squished, there may be a change in sound as the material inside would now be denser and of course your ear will be closer to the driver and not giving the sound a chance to take advantage of the full space they would normally have. If they're fully inflated from what you see in comparison to other photos of them, then there should be no issue.

Dec 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 5
I only have a cellphone with me right now, but his is what one of the pads (the one with the more noticeable crease) looks like...
4ih5kw.jpg

I don't even understand how the crease got there really, from the way the box looks like it would hold it, even with rough shipping -that wouldn't happen.

It seems to be fully inflated, but now I question if the cans were shipped to me unopened. The plastic packaging had this piece awkwardly removed by some kind of a cut.
ipzh2v.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back