Crazy simple stupid idea, but seems to work for Senn IE series and comply foam tips
Jul 1, 2009 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

archercat

100+ Head-Fier
I have the Sennheiser IE6's and absolutely love them... However, one thing I missed was the fit and isolation of my e2c's. I have tried a few different tips and finally found that the Comply foamies are really comfortable and help with the isolation... The one drawback I perceived was the reduction of treble. The same foam that helped my isolation and comfort appeared to be "absorbing" a bit of the treble.

My solution was to cut the tapered end of the comply off, thus leaving a somewhat symmetrical barrel shape, similar to Shure's orange foamies, then placed the tips back on backwards to the stem so that the foam ends flush with the little plastic "core" that goes over the nozzle... I figured that way the sound is channeled through the plasticy tunnel, and no sound absorbing foam would be in the path.

The comfort is still great, the fit isn't as deep obviously, but it appears to me that I have gained back much of the "lost" sparkle".

Again, this is just my perception, and I may be totally wrong, but hey, it makes me happy
redface.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 2
Congratulations! You found a new tip and sound to enjoy
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back