Crazy Music!
Nov 1, 2005 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Blooze

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this, but it does pertain to music in a way.

In the last 6 months or so I've been listening to more classical music than I have in all the previous 36 years. Nothing "heavy" just easy to listen to Bach, Vivaldi, etc.... Anyway, my 7 year old daughter comes in the other day and asks me if I can put on some of that crazy music I listen to. I'm thinking Pantera or some such, but no!--she's talking about a Vivaldi violin concerto that I was playing earlier in the evening. She's just goes on to say how fast and wild the music is. I had to just sit back and laugh on that note!

Nov 1, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 8
That's awesome! I really like it when kids get into classical music. Does your daughter play any instruments? Maybe she should start violin lessons...it's good for the brain.
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomic
That's awesome! I really like it when kids get into classical music. Does your daughter play any instruments? Maybe she should start violin lessons...it's good for the brain.
biggrin.gif

No, she hasn't really shown any interest in playing an instrument. She's been around the whole "band" thing quite a bit as I played guitar with my brother (who played drums) in a rock band for several years. She's more into listening than playing at the moment and really has absolutely no prejudices against any kind of music which is good I think. I would love to take her to the local symphony, but alas- we moved to our present location right after season ticket sales ended and all tickets for all shows were snatched up by the season ticket holders.

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blooze
No, she hasn't really shown any interest in playing an instrument. She's been around the whole "band" thing quite a bit as I played guitar with my brother (who played drums) in a rock band for several years. She's more into listening than playing at the moment and really has absolutely no prejudices against any kind of music which is good I think. I would love to take her to the local symphony, but alas- we moved to our present location right after season ticket sales ended and all tickets for all shows were snatched up by the season ticket holders.

No colleges and such around there?

Nov 3, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #6 of 8
My son always goes to the DVD rack and picks Dreamtheater Live at Bodokan or Rush Live in Rio... "Daddy.. drumming... drumming".

He grabs his sticks and bangs away on his Yamaha digital drum pad kit.

Portnoy / Peart fan!!!

I'm trying to expose him to classical, jazz, and traditional country too.

Kids are a blast
Garrett

Nov 3, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
My son always goes to the DVD rack and picks Dreamtheater Live at Bodokan or Rush Live in Rio... "Daddy.. drumming... drumming".

He grabs his sticks and bangs away on his Yamaha digital drum pad kit.

Portnoy / Peart fan!!!

I'm trying to expose him to classical, jazz, and traditional country too.

Kids are a blast
Garrett

Brain manipulation at an early age might create the ultimate head-fier........
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
No colleges and such around there?

There is a CC and an offshoot of TX A&M, but I haven't really looked into their music programs. Thanks for the reminder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back