CRAZY GOOD music...LISTEN TO IT.
Aug 1, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #33 of 43
Heh...they only have one left!

Oct 29, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #34 of 43
just bringing this thread back to the top. I've got this album on vinyl now - one of my favorite pick-ups in a great year for music. i brought it with me to audition speakers once, but, more importantly, the music itself is outstanding.

Oct 29, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #35 of 43
Ya, I downloaded the album. Oops, I stole something. Whatever, I now am going to buy it on vinyl. My question is: do you think the artist gets more money from amazon sales? Or should I buy it from some other way?

Basically, I think the album is great and I want to support him as much as possible. I just want to buy the album from the source which he would receive the most from?

Oct 29, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #36 of 43
Good question. I dont think you can go wrong buying it from Amazon, or, if they have it, your local record shop.

If the label has a shop, i usually buy from them. It's often cheaper, and I have to believe they do better by the artists.

But, if you're buying the album, from whatever source, I think you're doing your part to support the artist.

Nov 1, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #37 of 43
From what I heard from iTunes it sounds like this guy has got some talent. I don't know if he's interested, but I think he would do well with Fat Cat Records. They have many groups that have a similar sound and from what I have heard of their other artists I'd assume they let you produce things the way you want. I hope he keeps moving in the same direction... It saddens me when artists become more an more "pop" as time goes on.

Nov 1, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #38 of 43
i listened to the first two tracks and am extremely impressed. i'll definitely have to buy this guy's music now.

anyone else have other recommendations to music with this level great, labored instrumentation?

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by AFK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else have other recommendations to music with this level great, labored instrumentation?

Don't mean to hijack thread.... Look into Mice Parade (self-titled album). A bit less raw and more electronic and sampling work... worth a listen.

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #40 of 43
Just bought ghosts from amazon.co.uk.

Can't wait to give it a proper listen, itunes gives you a taste but now I need a full fix.

Missed this thread first time around so I was glad it got bumped.

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #41 of 43
Yeah, he almost got dropped from his label because he wanted to do the album art himself. That label uses the same artist for ALL thier bands, which kinda pissed him off, seeing as how he's an artist himself, and the art didn't really match his music. He now does all the art for his albums.

He also almost got dropped because he stood-fast in not wanting to fall into the loudness wars AND not wanting any compression. He told them "sure it sounds OK in a car or whatever, but it sounds like **** on a good home system...no, no compression." Another reason why I really like his music, he has a true passion and standing behind what he puts out. I remember he got pissed at me for listening to an uncomplete track, lol.

Great artist though, and a good friend. Whichever venue you get it from, just buy it....it's definitly worth the listen. You UK guys are in luck cause he's HUGE in Europe, but nobody listens here in the US (except him being on the OC)...goes to show the lack of taste in music here in teh states!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back