CRAZY FROG UBER ALLES!!!
Jun 1, 2005 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

catachresis

Headphoneus Supremus
Crazy Frog is Mein Kampf. Bob Dylan is Zarathustra. Nietzsche is Elvis. Elvis has left the building. I bet you didn't know that.

"Like Dylan, the Crazy Frog is a media creation; in the case of Dylan it was the creation of a middle-class Jewish boy called Robert Zimmerman, while the Crazy Frog was the spawn of a 17-year-old Swede, Daniel Malmedahl, and a graphic artist called Erik Wernquist. (Wernquist has, incidentally, recently apologised for his creation admitting that "even before it went on the website I began to hate myself".) Finally, both Dylan and the Crazy Frog started their careers with cover versions of songs by music legends. In the case of Dylan it was the work of Woody Guthrie, while Crazy Frog chose to revisit the music of synthesizer wizard Harold Faltermeyer.

"It is perhaps the fate of every generation to misunderstand the next; Crazy Frog is, then, part of a lineage which includes Elvis, Dylan, the Sex Pistols and Eminem - all acts which mystified and appalled one generation while delighting and defining another."

Just say, "Da (-da)."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/featu...496444,00.html

Jun 1, 2005 at 9:06 AM Post #2 of 4
That Crazy Frog should be put in a blender and got rid of once and for all.

Sick of the sight and sound of that advert every time I turn the TV on, also I can’t believe anyone would want to by the CD, you cant call that music!

Jun 1, 2005 at 10:29 AM Post #3 of 4
Exactly, I don't know why it's so popular, i've never heard anyone say that they like it
confused.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 11:29 AM Post #4 of 4
Would it be arrogant and elitist to say that Crazy Frog ringtones are 'pure product' that kids love because: --

1. All the kids have it. The older kids are bored with it already, but the younger kids deserve to have it too. Freddy doesn't have it because he's too poor / his parents won't let him have it. You don't want to be like Freddy - he's a loser.

2. Crazy Frog is new (- ish). It's not like Pikachu, which is appallingly old.

3. Crazy Frog entrances those (few) who have not heard it yet. More importantly, it irritates the majority who have. It's fun to irritate people. Irritated people pay attention to me. Girls act like they hate me, but they notice me, and that's the important thing.

4. The music is catchy. I was born in 1993. I don't know what Beverly Hills Cop is.

5. You don't have to think about it, Doo-doo head. It's popular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back