Crazy dad and upset son
Feb 5, 2016 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
Many of us have gone through problems with fighting with our parents. Sometimes dads can get crazy and we get so upset. 

In this video, the father smashes the son's Playstation and the son is clearly upset in the end.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 11
My father once broke the legs off of a toy robot-thing by accidentally sitting on it. It was this crab-looking fellow with a lot of loose parts (pincers and whatnot), but the legs were pretty rigid and I could never put it back together afterwards. I think the thing I was more upset about was the complete indifference on his part for having done such a thing.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 11
When I was around 4 years old, I had this cheap plastic toy gun that was noisy and annoying. My mom got so annoyed and angry. She took the toy gun and smashed it in half. I cried.

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #7 of 11

Which is why I wonder why people get into it, either willingly or stupidly.

It might be because it works quite well. I mean humans would become extinct quickly if noone wanted to be a parent, right?
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #8 of 11
Eh, at least 3 years of constant use and the PS3 woulda likely been dead anyways. Better make the best of it's planned death from obsolence. :)

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNandor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It might be because it works quite well. I mean humans would become extinct quickly if no one wanted to be a parent, right?
biggrin.gif

I don't, although my concerns are similar - the benefit of the species. Too many inheritable diseases in my line - heart and liver on mom's side, cancers and alcoholism on dad's side (I'm not a tumble-down drunk but my Dad is already concerned about how I can't sleep without beer...or warm milk, whichever I feel like having), metabolic issues in both (gout), my mom has one schizo cousin, etc. Doctors keep telling me my brain needs to get passed down and let the geneticists clean up the body (and the brain, given that one schizo) in succeeding generations, but then the other reason kicks in: I'm cheap. Hell my friend while deployed with the USN (his Dad raised him here though, instead of their side of the Pacific....or Atlantic actually since he's from the East Coast) called me up to bail his wife and infant out of the hospital (coincidentally, my godson's pediatrician was also my pediatrician back when I was a kid) because his father in law's credit card was maxed out. I got there and bam! Equivalent of US$3,500, and it wasn't even a Caesarian birth. That doesn't count the entry deposit that was on the in laws' credit card account.

And then I'd want my hypothetical kid to be able to go to the kinds of schools I went to - nice laboratories, never lacking in equipment, never short of professors, professors write in academic journals and more popular publications, food isn't what ends up on pathetic school lunch internet photo exposes (we had dimsum, katsu, paella, most of the best of our own cuisine, Swiss steak, fried noodles and roast pork, burgers seared and assembled or rice and meat stir fried only upon ordering, etc). What if I don't make enough money to send him to one? Or what if he doesn't make the cut? Hell our high school never had buildings taller than three floors because there's the distinct possibility of people jumping if they didn't make it into the same college (or better than) our dads went to (we used to joke about that until college results came out and a friend who got the equivalent of liberal arts, despite getting into the same college as most of us, wanted to off himself). I'd probably expect the kid to take up fencing or archery too, and I'd be disappointed if I can't buy a farm and a horse (or polo club shares), because growing up over here it wasn't the girls going "I want a pony!!!" but boys sitting in front of the TV looking at cowboys, Irouquais, 

But then I think about it, and by not being a parent, I am technically still being a more responsible parent than 50,000,000 other people in this country, who make babies willy-nilly and then blame the government when they can't feed them, when they aren't even required to pay income tax.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #10 of 11

Which is why I wonder why people get into it, either willingly or stupidly.

Being a dad to my three girls is the coolest thing I've ever done. If you're not a parent, you wouldn't understand. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #11 of 11
OMG, an instant classic. I could go on and on about this one. Two quick observations
1) Clearly that little punk deserved this, his behavior before and after the "smashing" is deplorable.
2) Back in my day, my father would have have given me a crack across the face and smashed the damn toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back