crazy carrying case
Jan 24, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #16 of 25
I commonly see Altoids cans used as IEM cases.

altoids.jpg

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #17 of 25
Best case of the type that I ever saw was for some cheap earbuds. You mounted the buds in a similar molded plastic compartment, and then the whole top would spin and wind up the cord. Clean and simple cord management.

As for me, I've got the wireless unit and just use the bag that came with it.

May 11, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the best case I've seen so far is from phonak simple tiny nylon dual compartment pouch made in china.

One side is for my Audeo PFE, the side that says "Audeo" and the other is for Sleek Audio SA-6. It's really the best case, and these are two of the top sounding IEMs.

My 2 cents...

May 11, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #20 of 25
I agree the carrying case isn't great. Better than other IEM cases, but it takes to long to insert and remove headphones. The best carrying case imho was the crappy little plastic case that came with the sony ex 71's. It was a little 2inX1inX.5in plastic box. You just scrunched the headphones in and then pulled them out. Terribly inelegant, but functional.

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #21 of 25
You know, large sized Rite Aid pill bottles work magnificently as carrying cases. Especially for the SA 6's; they fit perfectly.

It's also virtually indestructible under normal circumstances.

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #22 of 25
Takes just a minute to figure out how useless is this make-up powder box. Looks cute at the first glance, but, as mentioned in previous posts, it is absolutely impractical for daily usage. Getting IEMs in and out takes too long and is an annoying process. Rubber molds are nice, but make the box heavy. IEMs don't fit in the mold when cable is turned upside down for over-ear wearing and/or when fitted with large tips.
A cheaper and very simple zip pouch would do a much-much better job.

Some manufacturers include spacious cases to fit a whole kit inside: IEMs, tips, filters, adapters, cleaning tool, e.t.c. You would not want to use such a case to carry around, but it is very conveniently store all necessery stuff in one box at home.

So who is the SA6 case targeted to? - A gadget fetishist, who stores IEMs in a visible place, takes them out once in a while to play around a little and compare to other IEMs/earhones/headphones he/she has in the collection, but almost (never) actually wears them.

How could Sleek Audio approve this design failure?
Luckily they carefully read our comments and note, what customers think. They'll do much better next time, that's for sure.

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #23 of 25
Real quick mod for those who agree with the issue of impracticality, but want to use it, and often.
The idea is to get rid of the inner compartment to make inserting/removing IEMs easier, have an extra room for a clip/adapter, make the case lighter.

1. On the pictures the case is opened, but you better close it. Then push the metal bar out with a screwdriver or any other blunt tool.
Careful, it can slip, don't injure yourself. When the end of the bar is sticking out far enough, pull it out using pliers.
wwwcancasecom_SA6_CaseMod1.jpg
wwwcancasecom_SA6_CaseMod2.jpg

2. Open the case, remove the middle compartment, put the transparent lid back on it's place, close the case. Push the metal bar back, where it originally was.
wwwcancasecom_SA6_CaseMod3.jpg
wwwcancasecom_SA6_CaseMod4.jpg

3. Done!
wwwcancasecom_SA6_CaseMod5.jpg
wwwcancasecom_SA6_CaseMod6.jpg

I still prefer a bit larger zip pouch from $1 store, but this way the SA6 case can be more useful.
--
SleekAudio, please please, make a clip for SA6 ;]

Sep 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #24 of 25
That is a super idea. I'll do that when i get home. Then it will be attractive AND usefull!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back