crazy carrying case
Sep 27, 2008 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

pedxing

1000+ Head-Fier
I had these IEMs for about a month and I think they sound fantastic for the price.

The thing that really annoys me is the carrying case. I just want to be able to access my IEMS from this case easily and quickly. The carrying case that came with my packages is this over engineered display-case-purpose device. I noticed it has the overly-engineered features:
  • A tray sharing the same hinge as the door with a spindle for wrapping the wires around.
  • Molded rubber to fit the share of the IEMs themselves with ear tips.
  • Remove the tray and what? You get this funny rubber piece under the tray. Its has:
    • Two circular holes for the tips.
    • Two square holes for the bass ports.
I think the holders for the bass ports and treble tips is pretty awesome. But wrapping the wires up and placing the IEMs into the molded impressions is just too much of a hassle. I can't wrap up the wires and jam in their nicely within 15 seconds.

Just my two cents about the carrying case. Right now, I just use a plastic pouch that came with some cheap ear buds I bought long ago.

Sep 29, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 25
Yup, once you change the ear tips to either the large size or any foam tips, it becomes useless.

I hope they will provide a redesigned case some time in the future.

In the mean time I'm using an eyeglass case, it allows me to carry the phones and a few extra foam tips.

Sep 29, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 25
I use the case when I want to store earphones for extended period of time before next use.

Also didn't notice the storage compartments for the bass and treble ports. Thanks for sharing that bit of info.

Sep 30, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzylogic76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, once you change the ear tips to either the large size or any foam tips, it becomes useless.

I hope they will provide a redesigned case some time in the future.

In the mean time I'm using an eyeglass case, it allows me to carry the phones and a few extra foam tips.

Alot of my friends with IEM's use eyeglass cases...They're relatively compact and they offer great protection

Sep 30, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 25
I'd pay good money for a good case. I love the mold in the current case, but apart from that, it's crap.

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd pay good money for a good case. I love the mold in the current case, but apart from that, it's crap.

I'd say "crap" is a little harsh...The way I see it, the case has a lot of good ideas that simply fail to deliver on their promise/premise. I don't want to disparage Sleek too much, since their SA6 is, on the whole, quite fantastic.

Oct 1, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say "crap" is a little harsh...The way I see it, the case has a lot of good ideas that simply fail to deliver on their promise/premise. I don't want to disparage Sleek too much, since their SA6 is, on the whole, quite fantastic.

For one thing, it's too fat to put in a pocket. A problem compounded by its silly shape. One of the things that makes carrying around a portable amplifier just about bearable is the fact that its shape at least resembles most mp3 players. Makes pocket-carrying significantly more comfortable. The fact this case has multiple layers as well makes tucking the cord away extremely annoying. I don't want to have to open the thing twice. The transparent lid is pointless as well (surely not cost efficient), and again, the dome-like shape is just wasting space.

I really love the mold though. The material is particularly funky. And although the inclusion of a little mold to carry the ports is a nice touch, it's largely of little use (at least in where it is currently situated).

The case should be rectangular in shape. Only as thick as it has to be. The cord doesn't need to be tucked away. You could extend the mold slightly to include a spindle (or two) about which one can wrap the cord around in the mold itself, nice and neat. That would be ideal. There would even be enough room for the ports in the centre. I'll try and put together a mock drawing maybe.

Jan 23, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #12 of 25
I use mine with either an Ety case, or the big oval nylon one supplied with my SE530s. Sadly, the Sleek case is one of those pieces of industrial design which makes you go "why?". Oh, and why don't they make an iPhone mic adapter? A Sleek version of Shure's MPA? Yes, I could use the MPA but then you get too much cable tangle.

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #13 of 25
lol, i never even took that case out of the box. Still sitting there all alone. I like the case that came with the wireless however, it fits my e260 mp3 player perfectly, I wouldnt put my fragile SA6 in it though.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #15 of 25
I agree, but I don't care. I use walkmans for 25+ years now, a dedicated coat-pocket or bag-compartement works fine and is much easier, and I never had any damage because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back